FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The basic operation of the unit doesn’t change much, if ever. But this time there probably will be a revision since the A-E shortcuts were added. The blocks guide is updated regularly since that’s where most of the changes take place.

Good point.
Thx for getting me on track-
It’s all coming back to me now.
Just gotta switch out those old PDFs for the currentest ones-
Hey- Is there a current PDF manual for FM3 edit somewhere.
I screw-up more shit using that thing than anything else.
Thx again.

Good point.
Thx for getting me on track-
It’s all coming back to me now.
Just gotta switch out those old PDFs for the currentest ones-
Hey- Is there a current PDF manual for FM3 edit somewhere.
I screw-up more shit using that thing than anything else.
Thx again.
I've never seen a manual for FM3 Edit.

Bug?

I have an ambient preset with plexdelay, delay, reverb, etc. It glitched when I pushed a button and sent out this pulse of sound that sounded like an electric drum tom being struck, and then the reverb and delays echoed the sound as it would if I had played a note. Hard to explain. Basically if you plugged a drum set into Input 1, and hit a tom, it sounded like that.

Couldn't recreate it. I'll post a preset later....

Bug?

I have an ambient preset with plexdelay, delay, reverb, etc. It glitched when I pushed a button and sent out this pulse of sound that sounded like an electric drum tom being struck, and then the reverb and delays echoed the sound as it would if I had played a note. Hard to explain. Basically if you plugged a drum set into Input 1, and hit a tom, it sounded like that.

The Plex Delay has been giving me some grief as well. Can't replicate the problem, though, but I'll have a preset sitting around 72% with the Plex Delay and it'll Freeze up with the warning sign. But I can have another preset in the mid-80s DSP with no plex delay and it'll be fine.

The Plex Delay has been giving me some grief as well. Can't replicate the problem, though, but I'll have a preset sitting around 72% with the Plex Delay and it'll Freeze up with the warning sign. But I can have another preset in the mid-80s DSP with no plex delay and it'll be fine.

Depends on what mode you’re running I think. Some use more juice than others.

Bug?

Depends on what mode you’re running I think. Some use more juice than others.

Stange. I used this preset for hours in this beta version. No issues except that 1 time

It does, that's why there has been a delay.

Hi Fractal / Cliff !

Really good to hear :)

Been following the Axe 3 FW 19 Final comments and feedback, and many users are reporting quite noticeable "tighter" / "more focused" low-mids-and-low's and a bit of a "sweetening" of the highs ... apologies for all the subjective non-technical terminology :)

Is this the sort of "change" you think we will get from getting the CNFB change implemented into the FM3 FW (?)

Many thanks in advance,
Ben

Last edited:
If only we could try the presets in question…
I'll see if I can recreate it...

EDIT: You know what? I'm playing with it now and it looks like different "types" take up more or less DSP. I'm sure I saw it go silent and give me the warning sign at 72% or so, but I could be wrong. Maybe there were some settings that were at 72% and I changed the type, assuming they were all the same, and the next type used 8 delays and kicked the thing into way too high of DSP usage. Sorry, I wish I would have saved the original preset to fiddle with :( I'm just hoping it's user error.

Last edited:
Bug?

If only we could try the presets in question…

@Admin M@ Bug? See attached preset/layout and previous message...

At the time of the glitch, I was on Scene 4 (Swells) with this layout open. I don't 100% recall what button I hit on the FM3, it was either button 3 or 2, or perhaps I accidentally hit them at the same time, or was exiting tuner (which is push/hold on button 3). Either way, that is what triggered the glitch.

I'm at about 80% on this preset. Played it for hours on separate days without any issues except that once.

Attachments

• EFFECTS.fclayout
    9.5 KB · Views: 2
  • MAIN JCM.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Another Beta release or an official release?
No telling. I'm going to take a complete guess here and say the next release is a public beta. That's based on apparent issues as noted in this thread, time since the first public beta, and nomenclature of the version (5.0.103). Given the time since initial release I'm thinking there was possibly a beta 2 and this next will be public beta 3 (or it could be public beta 4, if 5.0.103 sent to the 'beta team' would be rebranded v4 coming out of testing).

Hey, I could be wrong, but it's fun to speculate! Also, I'm bored!

Think I'll go play some guitar now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom