FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible bug:
I was looking for a "The Shadows" like sound on Axe-Change and downloaded a preset, build for the Axe-FX III FW 12. Upon loading, no sound was coming through the preset. I played a little bit with the block placement, and also took a look at the meters - several of them were red at the output. On reverting to the original preset, sound din't came back - same problem.

I attach the preset. Upon load, it works, but if you reroute it you'll need to power cycle the unit to get it work again. Might be some strange bug, stable reproducible here.

Attachments

• Shadows.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi! is there any risk installing this last beta firmware than an official?? I imagine nothing serious wich I can reset it and have it running rigth? thanks! i think i will give a try

Just back everything up and give it a whirl! Can't believe it sounds better than 4.01. So far no problems for me, but I mostly have been using presets. Lower CPU usage for many presets that were over with 4.01.

Is anyone else getting static?

Tried various presets and amps, when I hit a chord, I hear static for the first 1 or 2 seconds. Then as it decays, the static stops.

Tried through Out 1 to headphones (with cab sims) and Out 2 to an Amp/CAB (no cab sim). Same result. But easier to hear with headphones since the static is high end.

For instance the 59 Bassguy Scene 1 Factory preset exhibits this for me

Hi all !

Asked about two weeks ago and didn't get a response ...... so seeing the next Beta is taking some and this thread has gone a bit quiet ...... I thought I would ask again .... especially given how positively it has been received in the Axe 3 19.00 Final Release FW update ..... so here goes Take 2 ..... :)

=> will the recently implemented CNFB modelling changes in the Axe FW 19.00 Final Release be in the next FM3 FW - be it Beta or Release ?

Thanks and all the best,
Ben

Hi all !

Asked about two weeks ago and didn't get a response ...... so seeing the next Beta is taking some and this thread has gone a bit quiet ...... I thought I would ask again .... especially given how positively it has been received in the Axe 3 19.00 Final Release FW update ..... so here goes Take 2 ..... :)

=> will the recently implemented CNFB modelling changes in the Axe FW 19.00 Final Release be in the next FM3 FW - be it Beta or Release ?

Thanks and all the best,
Ben
Look at what Cliff said in another thread:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-cnfb-method.180088/post-2200737

At the moment the new method uses more CPU, it still needs optimization to run faster then the current method.

Look at what Cliff said in another thread:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-cnfb-method.180088/post-2200737

At the moment the new method uses more CPU, it still needs optimization to run faster then the current method.
%99.99 sure that CPU issued was "fixed" and then the "fixed" version is what everyone is raving about in Axe 3 FW 19.00 final ....to the best of my reading of the FW 19.00 Final Thread all users are now reporting - at worst - no CPU increases ... but many are reporting mild to significant CPU reductions depending on the Amp being used.

All the best,
Ben

Tried various presets and amps, when I hit a chord, I hear static for the first 1 or 2 seconds. Then as it decays, the static stops.

Tried through Out 1 to headphones (with cab sims) and Out 2 to an Amp/CAB (no cab sim). Same result. But easier to hear with headphones since the static is high end.

@Admin M@ the static is subtle, but it's there. Not sure if this is typical?

Have you tried to record it? Have you tried to compare USB recording and analog recording?

Have you tried to record it? Have you tried to compare USB recording and analog recording?
no - I was practicing and rehearsing for a gig last night / tonight / this weekend, so I didn't have time. Figured I'd see if anyone else experienced it.

The static is subtle enough that I can still gig with it and no one would probably ever notice, but I can tell it's there.

I did try messing with the Input Pad, thinking maybe it was causing clipping or something - but same results.... All IN/OUT meters are in yellow / tickling red rarely.

Last edited:
I'm getting some static kind of noise when touching strings on 4.01, but pretty sure that its coming from guitar itself. And noise at the beginning of chords mostly from the fret buzz

Static issue sounds like guitar noise + gate behavior... Have you tried turning off the gate and seeing if it's still there? Is it there with another guitar?

no - I was practicing and rehearsing for a gig last night / tonight / this weekend, so I didn't have time. Figured I'd see if anyone else experienced it.

The static is subtle enough that I can still gig with it and no one would probably ever notice, but I can tell it's there.

I did try messing with the Input Pad, thinking maybe it was causing clipping or something - but same results.... All IN/OUT meters are in yellow / tickling red rarely.

My Gibson LesPaul Classic makes a lot of static noises in Winter when the Air is dry! My Fenders and Ibanez have no Problems with static noise. So i think its the laquer, which is used on the Instrument und has nothing to with the FM3!

Static issue sounds like guitar noise + gate behavior... Have you tried turning off the gate and seeing if it's still there? Is it there with another guitar?
My gate is turned off. I only have 1 main guitar (the other crappy ones probably have static of their own), but I could test with my bass.
My Gibson LesPaul Classic makes a lot of static noises in Winter when the Air is dry! My Fenders and Ibanez have no Problems with static noise. So i think its the laquer, which is used on the Instrument und has nothing to with the FM3!

That's possible - never thought of that.

This problem didn't exist in version 4.0. I tested the 59 Bassman factory preset because I had edited my main preset and didn't want to add variables. the 59 Bassman preset was unchanged from 4.0 to 5.0b, but that static is new.

Rehearsed with it last night - the static is so subtle that I don't care, so I'm just going to keep rolling with it. No one else noticed and the sound guy said it sounded fantastic. Probably just deal with it until the official release comes out.

the static is subtle, but it's there. Not sure if this is typical?
I assume you have checked this but I will mention, have you checked to make sure your gain staging is correct and that none of your levels are clipping causing digital distortion? This would probably be most noticeable at the peak or onset of a note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom