FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a known issue. i have it too. if you set the negative feedback a bit higher or lower it goes away. i guess they will fix it in the next beta/final release
I put post-pi instead pre-pi in the power section in the amp block and it resolves the problem. I don't know why because both options sounds the same

I have a question about the Reverb block. I'm using Small Spring and noticed that it still uses 15% CPU, is this to be expected? Also, the spring reverbs don't offer a setting for Quality. I just got my FM3/FC6/EV1 about a month ago so not sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks, I didn't know if there was supposed to be a quality adjustment for spring reverb or not. As for the CPU usage, is that an improvement over what it used in the previous firmware? 15% just seems like it would be a lot for a spring reverb block is all.

Thanks, I didn't know if there was supposed to be a quality adjustment for spring reverb or not. As for the CPU usage, is that an improvement over what it used in the previous firmware? 15% just seems like it would be a lot for a spring reverb block is all.
This chart is about 2 yrs old. Looks like Small Spring was around 15.5.

8FTpI86.jpg

Finally gave this a test drive.

In 4.0 was struggling to get a Comp block in with 2 Ultrares Cabs, Ultra High Reverb, and PlexVerb, along with some other blocks.

Remembered 5.0 improved reverb CPU, and voila.... comp block added and I'm around 82%.

Test drive it the rest of the week to make sure it's stable before gig this weekend.

This was a reminder that I'd probably like to own an FM9 someday. But for now this works for me. Sounds great

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Have you checked Task Manager (assuming it's Windows) to make sure there's not a "hung" app running even though you don't see one?

In any case, it's not about "not recognized"... Probably best to post in the FM3-Edit forum as this is a Firmware thread.

Edit:

I see you already posted here and it likely is a bug for Mac:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-mac-after-beta-5-update.180112/#post-2206110
Yeah it’s a bug with the Mac version. Reboot clears it though, not a big deal.

Am I correct in believing that the FM3 still doesn't get the improved Pitch block available on the Axe3?
Well... Even though it's true that:
Yes as per the release notes
The reality is a little more complicated than that.

Officially, the pitch block was not updated and it has been said that it will not get the Axe Fx III's pitch block. However, see my thread here for the long version, but the short version is that it is significantly improved in 5.0b1 despite no official word from FAS. I noticed it was improved and decided to run a bunch of tests; my data confirmed what I suspected, and about a dozen or more other Virtual Capo users also corroborated my experience.

Give it a shot! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's as good as the Axe Fx III's now, whether it's using the same algorithm or not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom