FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer to Fractal, have had the latest version FW on my FM3 since starting out. Any tips and tricks for these new FW? Do I need to update all my presets somehow? This is probably somewhere else on the forum so apologies in advance.

A million thanks for the updates, bug fixes, and quality-of-life improvements listed in the release notes...a fantastic treat to start off this new year...well done everyone involved...👏

Just A/B'd Mark IV Mid-gain preset against my actual Mark V in Mark IV mode after a couple weeks not playing through the FM3 - jeebers I don't actually know if it's any closer than it already was, but it sounds so good it's scary. looking forward to poking through the new toys. The Maxon 808 drive sounds great. Thanks team!

I don't know about FAS, but if I were them, I'd welcome comments, complaints, and wishes for their products. It's what the process of "listening to the customers" entails.
They do, evident over many years, but that doesn't mean everything gets implemented just because customers want it.

When the FM3 was released, FAS stated that even though the FM3 and Axe III share the same platform, not everything will be able to be ported. To the best of my knowledge, there's only been a couple of things that haven't made it to the FM3 to this point: FullRes IRs and the new Pitch Block. Continuing to complain about something isn't going to change what can or can't be done.

M@ seemed pretty clear that the FM3 won't receive the "improved" pitch block of the FM9 and Axe III.
The FM3 pitch shifter is very strong as it is, but the unit is not able to power the latest generation Axe-Fx III/FM-9 pitch detection algorithm.
(emphasis mine)

They do, evident over many years, but that doesn't mean everything gets implemented just because customers want it.

When the FM3 was released, FAS stated that even though the FM3 and Axe III share the same platform, not everything will be able to be ported. To the best of my knowledge, there's only been a couple of things that haven't made it to the FM3 to this point: FullRes IRs and the new Pitch Block. Continuing to complain about something isn't going to change what can or can't be done.

M@ seemed pretty clear that the FM3 won't receive the "improved" pitch block of the FM9 and Axe III.

(emphasis mine)
Working in sales for over 15 years, I stand by my comment.

Thanks for the updates!!!

I need some help after updating (Firmware and editor):

1- The JFET and Dynamicomp threshold are not working for me. Changing from -60 to 20db doesn't change anything. Is that by design?

2- On the delay block there is only one new type Worn Tape. Both Zephyr and Diffused Delay are missing here.

Thanks!!

See the update guide included with the firmware.
Thanks for the update! Is there a chance that the Mini-Display Label update will make it in before the 5.0 release?

I think it's a bug actually. There was a miscommunication/misunderstanding between me and @BryantP

When I defined "Current Scene" what I meant was exactly what @REDD and @jordikt are expecting.
@BryantP did the right thing, but I was too ambiguous in my spec. I'll see about having this fixed.

I think the correct language for "Destination" and "Current" should have been "TOGGLE TO" "TOGGLE FROM"
What I will do, however, is leave DESTINATION and CURRENT as they are and just add the TOGGLE FROM mini-display option to provided the key behavior that's missing.

This affects not only scenes but other Toggle categories as well.

How much different does Beta 1 change your amp tones? I have them dialed in pretty well, and would prefer not to have to go back and tweak everything

How much different does Beta 1 change your amp tones? I have them dialed in pretty well, and would prefer not to have to go back and tweak everything
Back up your stuff and give it a try. You decide whether you need to tweak eveything. At that point, it’s a simple matter to go back to the old firmware.

Last edited:
Got it. No pitch block improvement after 20 months? Time to sell. Sorry. Didn't even bother reading the release notes. Just ctrl + F for pitch and nada. :(

EDIT: The pitch block (well, Virtual Capo, at least) HAS been improved, even though there's no mention of it. I discovered it accidentally. See this thread for details. This post no longer represents my current stance after the surprise discovery and subsequent measurements. Only leaving it unchanged for total transparency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom