FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the ... i can't count how many people waited for an updated pitch.
This is really really disappointing. For me, the virtual capo is almost unusable.
Wobbly and laggy - this is all the FM3 can handle? There has to be a solution - an option to sacrifice something else to push the pitch for example.

You have a $999 device that can do almost everything, has the best amp modeling, performs excellent pitch shifting except real-time capo, and just got a ton of excellent updates.

What the ... i can't count how many people waited for an updated pitch.
This is really really disappointing. For me, the virtual capo is almost unusable.
Wobbly and laggy - this is all the FM3 can handle? There has to be a solution - an option to sacrifice something else to push the pitch for example.

Maybe they're clearing a large to do list with this firmware update so they can spend a fair bit of time working on a pitch block update to keep the peanut gallery happy

I think i'm very emotional about this because so many people asked about it too and the wish was closed in january - i thought it's just a matter of time and not enough horsepower - guess i was wrong.
Then my drop pedal has to do the job. I thought the FM3 could replace everything of "my past" - this was literally the last thing to replace.
Still, of course i appreciate every update - enabled USB power and the pitch were on my "FM3 bucket list" ...

Can always purchase Fm9 or AFX lll

The FM3 has the perfect form factor for me, nothing will beat it ;)
I have everything what i need in the FM3 (except the pitch, which is really ... not great) - i don't see the need to by a FM9 only for a pitch update.
So i have to eat it, add the drop and be happy about all other updates and upgrades 👍

Thanks for the update! At first I was pretty bummed about no new pitch or shifted reverb update. Then I tried out the update and some of the options in plex delay! Oh man, so good! Multi delay has a ton of stuff too I haven't gotten to experiment with. Also thanks for the clarity on the future of the pitch block a "not able" answer is good to put it to rest and know FM3 will not have it and if its important to have the perfect capo to look elsewhere.

• Improvement: The front panel now has various double-tap functions:
    • Double-tapping EDIT edits the previous block.
    • Double-tapping HOME enters the layout grid.
    • Double-tapping STORE prompts immediately.
    • In the Home or Layout menus, double-tapping the A-E push-knobs does the following:
      • A enters the Amp 1 menu;
      • B enters the Drive 1 menu (think “Boost”)
      • C enters the Cab 1 menu.
      • D enters the Delay 1 menu.
      • E enters the Reverb 1 menu (think “rEverb”)
This is huge! I do the majority of dialing-in on the front panel and this will drastically improve my workflow.

The FM3 has the perfect form factor for me, nothing will beat it ;)
I have everything what i need in the FM3 (except the pitch, which is really ... not great) - i don't see the need to by a FM9 only for a pitch update.
So i have to eat it, add the drop and be happy about all other updates and upgrades 👍
Same. Add a drop pedal and you’re still smaller form-factor than the FM9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom