FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

Some people are intellectuals and use Fractal gear.

And the some people use neural I guess, dunno they paid Petrieci to be in their commercial to look cool.

Artists who are big time use fractal because it is top notch. Not because they are being paid to be in a commercial. 🥴

Quad cortex is a great doorstop, and with every plugin over ever bought, those plugins too will be obsolete.

Let me know when The Edge is using neural live. Never gonna happen.
But he’s been using Fractal for years. And they didn’t even have to pay him. 🤠

AFAIK FAS doesn't give any sponsorships or pays artists to promote gear. So yeah, Petrucci, Tosin, Tim Henson and Plini all have their Archetype signature plugins, yet they all continue being featured in the FAS Artist page and use their gear live and/or in studio. Let's move on...

Aw man. Don't dash our hope to pieces with reality!!! If he never tells us, then it could be right around the corner... today, even! :sweatsmile:

:) ... Definitely wasn't wanting or trying to rain on anyone's parade ... sorry.

Its just that by my calculations as of posting this note the U.S is only some 36 hours away from Xmas morning ... and given I would reckon Fractal will have and enjoy a well earned Xmas / New Year break .... and given I doubt they would drop a public beta "hours" before the long holiday break ..... I cant see us getting 5.0 Public Beta until week 2 or 3 of Jan 22'.

Still ..... I could well be wrong ..... it may drop in the next 12-24 hours as a Xmas "present" for users to load and try and use at our own discretion .... :)

All the best and Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all !
Ben

I just picked up NDSP's Archetype: Petrucci, so that's successfully pulled me away from all my fractal gear for the foreseeable future except for when I'm playing with my cover band, so realistically I can wait indefinitely now for this update. I just like new shiny toys lol.
I just finish testing the archetype petrucci .
What can I say ?
This is kemper sounding for 150 euros .
Everything is globally well made, you made your sound in 5 minutes .

But

Then I compared it with the axe .

The axe is more tight
Less bees and buzz around the notes
More attack

I prefer the axe. But the axe is not 150 hm. I understand why these plugs are selling well.

Back in the day you have a shitty sounding 15 w with this amount of money .

But yeah the artist things , all the presets included etc . Funny . I never tried the quad cortex yet , don’t know if it sound like this .

I just finish testing the archetype petrucci .
What can I say ?
This is kemper sounding for 150 euros .
Everything is globally well made, you made your sound in 5 minutes .

But

Then I compared it with the axe .

The axe is more tight
Less bees and buzz around the notes
More attack

I prefer the axe. But the axe is not 150 hm. I understand why these plugs are selling well.

Back in the day you have a shitty sounding 15 w with this amount of money .

But yeah the artist things , all the presets included etc . Funny . I never tried the quad cortex yet , don’t know if it sound like this .
I'm still in the trial period; I'm gonna see if I still want to drop the cash for it once the honeymoon is over. This weekend I'll probably see if I can't nail my favorite Archetype: Petrucci presets with the Axe Fx III. I'm sure it can get there, and be even better, but I'm not convinced it won't take 30-minutes of tweaking for each sound lol.

I'll just need:
Wah - Compressor - Drive - Phaser - Flanger - Chorus - Amp - Cab - Volume - Chorus - Delay - Reverb

Then I should be able to nail just about every tone the plugin can produce. Basically, I'm gonna try to convince myself that I don't need to spend the money!

I'm still in the trial period; I'm gonna see if I still want to drop the cash for it once the honeymoon is over. This weekend I'll probably see if I can't nail my favorite Archetype: Petrucci presets with the Axe Fx III. I'm sure it can get there, and be even better, but I'm not convinced it won't take 30-minutes of tweaking for each sound lol.

I'll just need:
Wah - Compressor - Drive - Phaser - Flanger - Chorus - Amp - Cab - Volume - Chorus - Delay - Reverb

Then I should be able to nail just about every tone the plugin can produce. Basically, I'm gonna try to convince myself that I don't need to spend the money!
Same I just tested the trial, I won’t buy it because I don’t need it, but I m always curious to see what’s going on . As I own the JP2c and like Jp , I was obliged to try it

I'll just need:

The cab is easy. Just find the cab settings you like, disable everything but the cab, and use your DAW to shoot an IR of it. 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom