FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

I hope for a way to optimize CPU use rather than selling new turbo-ultra-mega units.

I came from Kemper and they keep on adding features to a 10 years old hardware.

Other than that I hope for a better display layout.

In the end, no need for something completely new, but for some overall improvements.

That

That’s Ultra-Res, something different.
Thanks for your quick answer. Maybe fullres sounds better than ultra res, but is dificult to say that, because for me ultrares IR sounds better than standard IR in clean amps but with less punch (more open) with high gain amps.

Thanks for your quick answer. Maybe fullres sounds better than ultra res, but is dificult to say that, because for me ultrares IR sounds better than standard IR in clean amps but with less punch (more open) with high gain amps.
Full Res doesn’t sound better than ultra - it’s different.

I have a turbo and love full res - as a reverb replacement, you still need to use regular IRs alongside

I hope for a way to optimize CPU use rather than selling new turbo-ultra-mega units.

In the end, no need for something completely new, but for some overall improvements.
At least Axe FX II was supported for over 8 years (2011-2019).

To be absolutely fair, you can't compare the amount of stuff added to Kemper with the humongous stuff Cliff and Co adds to their products, even back then with the Axe-FX II. And let's not forget it is a cumulative thing, so the FM3 has years of both R&D and Firmware updates already packed in since it's inception, I can attest that FAS will keep developing the FM3 until there's literally no juice left, and they have been optimizing code to save CPU so efficiently that even the Axe-FX III has taken benefit from their work on the FM3, but alas, there's only so much optimization they can do before you reach a brick wall with current CPU offerings for this kind of application.

I had a Kemper too. Still have fond memories and would grab one if it was cheap enough, just for fun.
But as far as adding features to a 10 yr old hardware unit....it is true, but the features being added to the Kemper are things that the Fractal units had 12 yrs ago.

I sold my Kemper to buy a Quad Cortex (just want a unit I can 'capture' with).
I have my FM3 on my desk as well. FM3 is better than the QC. There is no debate to be had. The amps are better, the effects are better.
I still love having a capture device, but yeah...FM3 is a clear winner for me.

If it happens before Christmas it will probably drop right before. Besides being a little gift the FAS team are probably working up to the Christmas break and tying up loose ends. At least that’s how things went when I was in the tech world.

Back
Top Bottom