FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

The IFFY one I would like to see is the upgraded pitch block/virtual capo.

More excited by drives, delays, reverbs, and compressors.

Also worth noting that current firmware seems very stable, which is a good thing!

I am thinking they find a way for scaled back FullRes for FM3 and FM9........FAS needs preset compatibility across platforms...especially floor performing models.
Flame suit enabled.......

I am thinking they find a way for scaled back FullRes for FM3 and FM9........FAS needs preset compatibility across platforms...especially floor performing models.
Flame suit enabled.......

They won't for the same reason the FM3 can only run 1 amp block.

They won't for the same reason the FM3 can only run 1 amp block.
I don't even think FM9 with double the cpu will get it , if it takes 25% on the AX3 , that giving up a lot of cpu on the Fm9 problem 50 of the 80 limits just to run the cabs , throw in an amp and basic operating in /out etc that another 12 -14% so you would literally be 65% of 80 w one amp / cab /fullers

With live playing being the primary intended use for the FM3 and FM9, it would seem that FullRes isn't likely. It's been said by FAS that FullRes IRs are not intended for live use but for recording and headphone use.

While the FM3 and FM9 can be easily be used for recording it doesn't automatically make them candidates for every recording feature. Seeing the CPU hit it takes on the Axe III Mk I, I can't imagine how it could be implemented in either floor unit in a practical sense.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/aitr.176587/page-5#post-2145064

I kinda wondered if there could be a mixed IR that has FullRez included, so you couldn't change it, but its mixed already within 1 IR. Currently its needed a close and far IR to get that sound. maybe Im dreaming, none the less, looking forward to whatever goodies come our way

I kinda wondered if there could be a mixed IR that has FullRez included, so you couldn't change it, but its mixed already within 1 IR. Currently its needed a close and far IR to get that sound. maybe Im dreaming, none the less, looking forward to whatever goodies come our way
If you want similar at home...run a real time convolution plugin with a room IR on your computer and feed your FM3 into it.

Full res IR?. But we have IR full res in the fm3 now with the violet colour, and it consumes more cpu than the standard one . What's the diference?

To put it into [some] perspective, FAS's efforts took their time to finally make the FM3 UltraRes-capable... In the Axe-FX III, Ultra-Res is nowhere near FullRes (per IR) in terms of CPU usage, imagine that kind of CPU load in the FM3...

Not trying to be negative or fatalist, just trying to put some perspective in a feature that possibly won't be available for the FM3 and even if they figure a way out, it won't be anytime... ehhhmmm... "soon".

I hope for a way to optimize CPU use rather than selling new turbo-ultra-mega units.

I came from Kemper and they keep on adding features to a 10 years old hardware.

Other than that I hope for a better display layout.

In the end, no need for something completely new, but for some overall improvements.

That

That’s Ultra-Res, something different.
Thanks for your quick answer. Maybe fullres sounds better than ultra res, but is dificult to say that, because for me ultrares IR sounds better than standard IR in clean amps but with less punch (more open) with high gain amps.

Back
Top Bottom