FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

The FM3 sounds amazing right now. My tone is mind boggling. For me...I could care less about fancy effects and such. A little delay on the leads and I'm good. And this thing is sounding SO good. I compete with a lot of really good guitarists at the venues here in Las Vegas...and I'm happy to say that every soundman at every venue has told me my tone is the best of them all. :)

I’m with guitar because of music, not for the circus. For me the current FM3 version is all good for a long time. Of course, all improvments are welcome, but I say we’ll focus on playing for a moment. What is the solo/trick you can’t do with it now and do you really have the time and need to do it😀 whatever it is..

You can have plenty of time for both. How silly of a comment
I see this so much and frankly it gets just annoying . especially when it comes from people who have multiple FAS units and are enjoying all the updates to the 3 , yet then come here and make condescending comments like chill dude , or go play guitar .
but I digress
Part of the appeal of a Fractal product for many actually IS the update cadence compared to their competitors, so its natural to be disappointed when a new product does not match what the user may previously experienced to with an AX2 or AX8 , Its ok. to say you are hoping for an update over 3 months is a long time in Fractal land
its should not be scrutinized or users made to feel like a whiny crybaby, yet often that seems to be the case in these update threads

It usually seems like after the III gets its update squared away and the bugs ironed out, it still takes a few weeks to apply to the FM3. Of course unless there are major bugs in the FM3, which then usually gets more updates and attention. Just my observations! I am looking forward to it whenever FAS can get to it, lots of good stuff and hopefully a decent amount will trickle down!

I am with you. :)

Full Res, and Turbo for the III all sorted out, and no stock on the FM9 until Feb/March 2022
means the FM3 might get some attention and love here in the next couple of months.

I just received an email from Ernie Ball advertising a giveaway with FAS via Instagram of a FM3. Not sure if this has any meaning or just a holiday giveaway. I hate Instagram and Facebook so I’m out, plus I already have a FM3.😁

I just received an email from Ernie Ball advertising a giveaway with FAS via Instagram of a FM3. Not sure if this has any meaning or just a holiday giveaway. I hate Instagram and Facebook so I’m out, plus I already have a FM3.😁
What meaning would it possibly have?

What meaning would it possibly have?
First my dear sir I have no problem with my ego and being completely wrong with what is most definitely speculation on my part. BUT having said that, I don’t recall FAS teaming with other music companies to give away their products. Especially in the US market. I could be wrong, but I always perceived FAS as having products in such great demand that lowering to silly promotional giveaways was just not necessary. Second, it could mean that FM3’s are piling up and laying around in great enough numbers that they need to do give aways to generate interest. OTOH and from a slightly different marketing bent people are buying them in relatively large enough demand that generating more interest Is just an added plus especially at the holidays when people tend to spend money beyond their means.

Bottomline is I’m not going to fool myself into denying that I‘m curious to what the future lifespan of the FM3 will be. I have always maintained that in todays business and economic condition nothing else really matters to a smart business beyond whether a product is remaining profitable at a level that makes it worth continuing production regardless of whether there is still life left in the product.

On a more personal side, until this past May I swore I would never own or play through a piece of modeling gear because my first experience some 20 years ago was awful and and any tinkering after wasn’t much better. However, I was hearing and also knowing that just possibly the processing power combined with smart engineering that modeling was finally at a point where proper and acceptable honest amp modeling in real-time was finally there. Sure reproducing low dynamic high gain distorted metal was possible in real time, but true full dynamic amp modeling is a whole different game. So I decided to take my limited funds and swing for a FM3 and can say that it has been an extreme pleasure and an impressive piece of gear. I even missed the earlier $999 pricing by a few days due to indecision and was dinged for a $100 more. Still worth it. However, when I bought it I perceived it to be still a relatively new product and had no idea that in a couple months a product was coming that really IMHO is the better of the two. Of course I’m speaking about the FM9. Now I do understand all the little details that make the FM3 still a great product and it’s my hope that it will continue to be fully supported by FAS for some time to come.

Like probably many I was slightly bummed when the FM9 came out and of course wondered if it was a replacement for some of the possible shortcomings of the FM3 instead of an “an addition to the family”. (IE: lack of foot switches and not quite the horsepower to adequately keep up with the AxeFX3…among a few other things) Anyway, I think I’ll stop here, but this is what “I” think “what meaning would it possibly have”! As you can see my mind can go down many rabbit holes in a short amount of time so you’ll have to forgive me if I make comments and let the reader use their mind to contemplate the possibilities of there meaning. I’m not one to want to spell everything out in detail, especially on an Internet forum.

First my dear sir I have no problem with my ego and being completely wrong with what is most definitely speculation on my part. BUT having said that, I don’t recall FAS teaming with other music companies to give away their products. Especially in the US market. I could be wrong, but I always perceived FAS as having products in such great demand that lowering to silly promotional giveaways was just not necessary. Second, it could mean that FM3’s are piling up and laying around in great enough numbers that they need to do give aways to generate interest. OTOH and from a slightly different marketing bent people are buying them in relatively large enough demand that generating more interest Is just an added plus especially at the holidays when people tend to spend money beyond their means.

Bottomline is I’m not going to fool myself into denying that I‘m curious to what the future lifespan of the FM3 will be. I have always maintained that in todays business and economic condition nothing else really matters to a smart business beyond whether a product is remaining profitable at a level that makes it worth continuing production regardless of whether there is still life left in the product.

On a more personal side, until this past May I swore I would never own or play through a piece of modeling gear because my first experience some 20 years ago was awful and and any tinkering after wasn’t much better. However, I was hearing and also knowing that just possibly the processing power combined with smart engineering mode was finally at a point where proper and acceptable honest amp modeling in real-time was finally there. Sure reproducing low dynamic high gain distorted metal was possible in real time, but true full dynamic amp modeling is a whole different game. So I decided to take my limited funds and swing for a FM3 and can say that it has been an extreme pleasure and an impressive piece of gear. I even missed the earlier $999 pricing by a few days due to indecision and was dinged for a $100 more. Still worth it. However, when I bought it I perceived it to be still a relatively new product and had no idea that in a couple months a product was coming that really IMHO is the better of the two. Of course I’m speaking about the FM9. Now I do understand all the little details that make the FM3 still a great product and it’s my hope that it will continue to be fully supported by FAS for some time to come.

Like probably many I was slightly bummed when the FM9 came out and of course wondered if it was a replacement for some of the possible shortcomings of the FM3 instead of an “an addition to the family”. (IE: lack of foot switches and not quite the horsepower to adequately keep up with the AxeFX3…among a few other things) Anyway, I think I’ll stop here, but this is what “I” think “what meaning would it possibly have”! As you can see my mind can go down many rabbit holes in a short amount of time so you’ll have to forgive me if I make comments and let the reader use their mind to contemplate the possibilities of there meaning. I’m not one to want to spell everything out in detail, especially on an Internet forum.
Fractal did a similar promotion with EBMM a couple months ago.

It was promoted by Fractal as well as EBMM.

You're sort of assuming that Fractal did something other than sell a unit to EBMM for promotional use... They may or may not have done that. We don't know.

As far as the lifespan of the FM3 I think there are a lot of Chicken Littles claiming the sky is falling... Most of the Fractal products have had 5-8 years of full support.

Being that the Axe Fx III, FM3 and FM9 are all using a unified implementation I suspect they will all be supported for a long time to come.

And as for those complaining about a lack of recent firmware update, I'll repeat what I said some time back: my FM9 is still FW 1.0.0... ;)

Back
Top Bottom