FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

honestly, would just love to have the new drives and modulation models that were added to the other products, ive used a ts9 for most of the years of playing and would love to have one ITB.

I'd love to get in on those new delays, including the Worn Tape, and some of the PCM70 based stuff.

I can be patient, though. Not having them is not preventing me from playing now. :)

The looper block still needs more features and I hope my little FM3 will be capable of running the (hopefully) upcoming new release of it...

As vendors...YA for example steam towards FullRes IR's.....it is really needed on the FM3 ......somehow...for FAS device compatibility.
IMO this newer device, FM3, needs to remain current....if possible.

The looper block still needs more features and I hope my little FM3 will be capable of running the (hopefully) upcoming new release of it...

I hoped to get loop banks, but Cliff already stated that this will definitely not be part of the Fractal universe ...
It would be rad to get rid of my external looper with a bunch of pre recorded loops ...

As vendors...YA for example steam towards FullRes IR's.....it is really needed on the FM3 ......somehow...for FAS device compatibility.
IMO this newer device, FM3, needs to remain current....if possible.

I too would like the Fullres IRs in the FM3, they're that good (IEM users will find them addictive), but they have their toll in the Axe-FXs CPU (MK I in my case). Sadly, I don't think the FM3 would be capable of running Fullres anytime soon TBH (Just "recently" the team got the Fm3 to play Ultrares).

I realized that with that firmware some of the amps has the high treble knob 2 or 3 points positive and sounds with a lot of punch in the high gain amps. I like this sound more than with the pot to zero (12 o'clock). Some of you have observed that?. And some of you try to put this pot up and put the treble knob down to compensate, to find the sound more punchy?.

I realized that with that firmware some of the amps has the high treble knob 2 or 3 points positive and sounds with a lot of punch in the high gain amps. I like this sound more than with the pot to zero (12 o'clock). Some of you have observed that?. And some of you try to put this pot up and put the treble knob down to compensate, to find the sound more punchy?.
With the couple amps I gravitate to (BE100 and SLO100) I bring that down to a negative 2 or 3 to help tame the high end a bit, and avoid (or reduce) hiss. I have notice that things may sound a bit dark when casually jamming but even out when at stage volume. Ymmv.

I’m just happy having an FM3 without any bugs. New candy could be nice but i can wait
This is the my stance as well. (Okay, there's one bug they haven't identified or fixed yet, but I'm apparently the only one who gets it so I guess it makes sense) - ANYWAY, yes, it's an incredibly stable FW; new bells and whistles would be a treat, but I've tempered my expectations; this is basically going to be the first one to reach obsolescence out of the current lineup just because of its limited DSP. But it does what I need it to do (save for the Axe III's improved pitch block which I'm still desperately hoping for), so it's hard to be too upset about this update draught :p

The FM3 sounds amazing right now. My tone is mind boggling. For me...I could care less about fancy effects and such. A little delay on the leads and I'm good. And this thing is sounding SO good. I compete with a lot of really good guitarists at the venues here in Las Vegas...and I'm happy to say that every soundman at every venue has told me my tone is the best of them all. :)

Back
Top Bottom