FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

"Relatively soon". And I've learned that while, eh, other companies might sometimes play fast and loose with the definition of "soon", FAS is a different breed.

Although I'm happy as a clam with what I've got at the moment, I can't wait as more is always more!
Soon or relatively soon could be. a week or a month , it depends

Why? Is there anything in the FM3 that requires absolute attention to fix? Is it because the Pitch Block they were pretty much clear about it was CPU intensive that it might not be able to run on the FM3 but they would do their best to try (no promises were made)?

Or maybe is it because it's almost 3 months without any FW update? because AFAIK for "the competitors", one releases one big update every once in a blue moon and the newest one keeps telling their people "SOON".

Not complaining. I just keep seeing all these updates/goodies landing on AF3 firmware and I’m waiting for the trickle down (where possible). Maybe that’s the intention… if you next all the latest firmware goodies, get an AF3. Makes sense, if true.

At present, there aren’t urgent functionality issues with the current features and firmware in the FM-3, so a gap in firmware updates isn’t surprising from that perspective.

I would imagine there might be some FM9 issues that need attention, just because it is a new product. If I were FAS, that would be my priority.

there are a bunch of updates in v17 that can probably be ported to the FM3 (and some that probably can’t) and a few older features like the pitchblock upgrades that customers want.

however, I bet the efficient process is to work out the bugs in the AX3 and THEN start to port the fully debugged code, which means there will always be some lag.

that doesn’t mean abandonment.

I think everyone just gets excited for Firmware Friday and keeps hoping but then is disappointed for a change it would be nice to see them release an update on some other day other than Friday if / when its is ready

It's just like all our other pieces of equipment. We don't need more, we just always want more! Even the smallest improvements are still improvements and that is always appreciated...gives a warm cozy feeling ;)

It's just like all our other pieces of equipment. We don't need more, we just always want more! Even the smallest improvements are still improvements and that is always appreciated...gives a warm cozy feeling ;)
Exactly. Especially when the Axe Fx III is getting new features and improvements. It’s exciting.

Has anyone stopped to consider the possibility that in working to port things over to the FM3, and FM9, that FAS has discovered things that are creating improvements across the board? As a Fractal modeler owner of 5+ years, the past couple of months has seen the greatest enhancements, additions and tweaks to the effects I can remember, mainly in the time-based effects, which are the largest CPU users. Coincidence? I think not.

Take a chill pill and relax. If you must have the new stuff now, buy the Axe III.

The only thing I could imaging to being updated now may be CPU usage, adding new pedals, amps, effects OR re-designing the UI on the FM3. The amp modeling is superb right now and since I'm one of the guys, who's running everything in mono, I don't demand any crazy new FX. This small box just works!!!!

The only thing I could imaging to being updated now may be CPU usage, adding new pedals, amps, effects OR re-designing the UI on the FM3. The amp modeling is superb right now and since I'm one of the guys, who's running everything in mono, I don't demand any crazy new FX. This small box just works!!!!
Cpu usage is the most important thing for me, and more knobs for the performance page too

Cpu usage is the most important thing for me, and more knobs for the performance page too
I can't imagine how this would work. I'm sometimes quite nerved by the fact, that there are only 5 knobs under the screen. If I add just Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble and Master, I have to go to the lower row to adjust presence and depth ...

I wish to always have the master and ch. volume of the active amp block (of which there is always ONE in FM3) so that I can balance my presets easily. CPU is perfectly fine. I'm a simplistic metal ape, who does not use many FXs :cool:

I have to confess...

I've been carrying my FM3 and EV-2 all over the place for the last few months and did not power my FX III since then... The only presets I've been working on for the last few months are on the FM3 since this little guy is following me everywhere...

Last edited:
I think everyone just gets excited for Firmware Friday and keeps hoping but then is disappointed for a change it would be nice to see them release an update on some other day other than Friday if / when its is ready
Also i just assumed they could’ve given the FM3 the new amp and drives by now at a minimum

Back
Top Bottom