FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

Hi, I'm a bit late on this, but a couple days ago I updated the firmware to 4.01 and I experienced two issues:

1.After I updated, the amp type changed on some of my presets. Specifically I had 3 presets that used Friedman BE C45 and in those presets, the type of the amp in the amp block changed to the Friedman BE V1 Fat. I think the BE C45 was in Type position 140 and has now been moved to 138 and now the Friedman BE V1 Fat is in position 140. Did anyone else notice this?

2. I'm pretty sure the unit's output levels are now much lower than before, something like 5 dB lower. I see this when looking at levels in Logic projects...when recording the same part using the same original FM3 preset (with the exception that I had to restore the original type of amp in the amp block). Did the global output levels of the FM3 change?

Thanks, Tim
Assuming #1 is happening in the editor, perform a Refresh After Firmware update.

For #2, I think that might be related to the Output 2 change?

Assuming #1 is happening in the editor, perform a Refresh After Firmware update.

For #2, I think that might be related to the Output 2 change?
Hi, thanks for your help.

Regarding Refresh after Firmware Update, do you mean how the Fractal Bot prompts you to shut the unit off for 5 seconds than restart? I did that after updating the firmware. If that's not what you meant, can you tell me what you mean? I searched in the manual and didn't find anything with that terminology.

About Output 2 change, are you referring to the Output 2 block? I've never used the Output 2 block and it's not used in any of the presets that changed.

Thanks!

Regarding Refresh after Firmware Update, do you mean how the Fractal Bot prompts you to shut the unit off for 5 seconds than restart? I did that after updating the firmware. If that's not what you meant, can you tell me what you mean? I searched in the manual and didn't find anything with that terminology.

You can find this in FM3 Edit under the Settings menu, "Refresh after new firmware" I think it's called.

Hi, thanks for your help.

About Output 2 change, are you referring to the Output 2 block? I've never used the Output 2 block and it's not used in any of the presets that changed.

Thanks!
No, it's a menu option in the editor (someone else also mentioned that).

I went back and checked the release notes and the Output 2 change was in 4.0 not this firmware. What firmware version were you on before this?

Maybe check the 4.0 release notes if you weren't previously on 4.0.

No, it's a menu option in the editor (someone else also mentioned that).

I went back and checked the release notes and the Output 2 change was in 4.0 not this firmware. What firmware version were you on before this?

Maybe check the 4.0 release notes if you weren't previously on 4.0.
In FM3 Edit go to Settings > Refresh After New Firmware.

Last edited:
In FM3 Edit go to Settings > Refresh After New Firmware.
Thanks, I tried that, but it's still the same. I only had time to try out one song, but it seems like the levels are even lower now. It's weird. I'll have to troubleshoot this more later.

Thanks, I tried that, but it's still the same. I only had time to try out one song, but it seems like the levels are even lower now. It's weird. I'll have to troubleshoot this more later.
That has no bearing on the levels, it is to fix the issue with seeing the wrong amp names.

Bummer. I've been spoiled with all the firmware updates Fractal has provided. It's easy to start expecting them, even though I'm very happy with the product as is.

Maybe they can put an option to change between one or two IR disconecting/conecting both from the FM3 in the performance page, without the edit software....I wish that because the sound is diferent with two diferent IR but too with the same IR in left/right with 6mm in the aligment page of the cab between both. I like for the stereo image but in some occasions it lose the punch of distortion and it will better for me if I could change that from my Fm3, because I don't have my computer near

Maybe they can put an option to change between one or two IR disconecting/conecting both from the FM3 in the performance page, without the edit software....I wish that because the sound is diferent with two diferent IR but too with the same IR in left/right with 6mm in the aligment page of the cab between both. I like for the stereo image but in some occasions it lose the punch of distortion and it will better for me if I could change that from my Fm3, because I don't have my computer near
Just use different channels in the Cab block...

But this isn't really related to this thread. Try creating a new thread for this topic.

Back
Top Bottom