FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

No Firmware for you!!!

iu

I'm interested in some of the goodies in 17.00 and 17.01 (UI improvements, Modern gate, drive block fixes, any feasible IR improvements, et al), in addition to the usual suspects (Pitch block, etc).

I'm interested in some of the goodies in 17.00 and 17.01 (UI improvements, Modern gate, drive block fixes, any feasible IR improvements, et al), in addition to the usual suspects (Pitch block, etc).
Looks like Cliff is re working the drive block again so it could be a bit but ya there are
new drives
new delays
new gate
new reverbs w pitch fx
the ABCDE quick access
that have been added since last update

Just curious ..... re: a non-discontinued product ..... has there ever been a 10+ week gap between FW's in the last 4 or 5 years (?)

Its a quiet slow thread so just curious :)

Ben

Just curious ..... re: a non-discontinued product ..... has there ever been a 10+ week gap between FW's in the last 4 or 5 years (?)

Its a quiet slow thread so just curious :)

Ben
Ive never measured, however other fas posters may give you better understanding, IMO if FWs stop then product is EOL.

Ive never measured, however other fas posters may give you better understanding, IMO if FWs stop then product is EOL.
hmm, not necessarily disagreeing with you and if the economic times were normal I would think the same, but we may see longer lifespans of products especially electronics with all the impeded production going on. Maybe I Just don’t want to believe the FM3 is there since I’ve owned it for less than a half year and is my first real modeling device and FAS product. When the FM9 was introduced I was concerned that the FM3 was going slip into the night. 🤔

The FM3 has basically the exact same physical architecture as the FM9, which is brand new. My there's roughly a zero percent chance that it's EOL, or even anywhere near it. You'll probably see the FM3 and FM9 firmwares get released either at the same time or damn near the same time.

IMO you don't need to worry about Fractal's support of the FM3, it's a product with a market that's very valuable to Fractal, and they've made an intentional decision to reuse the same physical parts for the FM9 that they already use for the FM3 and the FC controllers in order to keep costs, prices, and repair times as low as possible.

If the FM9 starts getting new firmware releases and the FM3 doesn't, that's the point I'd start to worry.

Back
Top Bottom