FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

At least the setlist, since that doesn’t strike me processing power consuming. The difficulty for the setlist appears to be to create and integrate it in the workflow.

Do you really still believe that a setlist function and a better pitch block will be realized? I have doubts.
The pitch is the one that seems to be the most problematic
the fact that FM9 is twice the power and it was not able to run the same algo as the AX3 on release definitley indicates it is more difficult to incorporate than many think .

I'll be happy if we get the new Delay and Reverb Blocks, and the added Drives.

Awww.... hell, I am happy right now, so who I am kidding. :)

Yo, are there any UltraRes IRs included with firmware update since it is now supported? Are all of the factory irs UltraRes?

Sorry if covered in this thread but I am only on page 3.

Cheers!

Yo, are there any UltraRes IRs included with firmware update since it is now supported? Are all of the factory irs UltraRes?

Sorry if covered in this thread but I am only on page 3.

Cheers!

The factory IRs have been mostly UltraRes since the beginning... They were just truncated when used.

Edit:

Removed incorrect comments about FullRes - I thought this was the Axe Fx thread.

yeah, getting the pitch block benefits the AF3 has would be great. Maybe with a normal/high quality setting, like the reverb block has?

Otherwise, this thing is smoking and I'm not really missing anything :) (edit: oh wait, a quicker way to audition presets on the hardware is on my wish list. Can only go up/down as it is now)

Last edited:
yeah, getting the pitch block benefits the AF3 has would be great. Maybe with a normal/high quality setting, like the reverb block has?

Otherwise, this thing is smoking and I'm not really missing anything :)
There’s a couple new drives and a new amp i wouldn’t hate either they have that we don’t

+1, this is the only thing I'm really missing. I ignored my FM9 purchase invite because honestly, the FM3 is enough for most of what I do, but I would kill for the upgraded virtual capo.

I almost went for the FM9 for the dual amp capabilities, but I can live without it (I can double track/re-amp for recordings, and it's a "nice to have" rather than a "must" for live cover band gigs). However if the FM9 gets the upgraded VC and the FM3 does not, that would probably push me over the edge to make the switch.

I wish a reverb with less cpu of consume but maybe is imposible to do. I tried with the plexverb but with distortion is not the same, it feels diferent.

I wish a reverb with less cpu of consume but maybe is imposible to do. I tried with the plexverb but with distortion is not the same, it feels diferent.
I think the Economy setting is designed for that purpose. Fractal reverbs have an excellent reputation and I don't think too many compromises will be made (see also people asking for lesser quality amps so they can squeeze in two).

If it's a huge problem, your best bet is to get a dedicated reverb pedal and put it in the FX loop. Have you tried using the Multi Tap Delay to emulate reverb (see Leon Todd's videos)?

I think the Economy setting is designed for that purpose. Fractal reverbs have an excellent reputation and I don't think too many compromises will be made (see also people asking for lesser quality amps so they can squeeze in two).

If it's a huge problem, your best bet is to get a dedicated reverb pedal and put it in the FX loop. Have you tried using the Multi Tap Delay to emulate reverb (see Leon Todd's videos)?
Yes. I have all the Leon Tod's presets. Is incredible teacher and musician. But for me reverb sounds better in distorted sounds. And with my headphones, I notice the diference between economy and normal. I think that fractal efects are amazing. I have the Gsystem (tc electronics) too, and I love both but fractal have a lot of options/effects with the best quality.

What do you think about the plexverb in distorted sounds. In my opinion it feels better in clean sounds because is more open and diffused in general. Is a good option to save CPU

What do you think about the plexverb in distorted sounds. In my opinion it feels better in clean sounds because is more open and diffused in general. Is a good option to save CPU
I've never had a problem with the CPU limits b/c I tend to use simpler presets these days. Leon has provided a MTD reverb emulator and I took a gander, but I haven't really had a use for it yet. Did you try the MTD and get the same result or was it any better/worse?

I've never had a problem with the CPU limits b/c I tend to use simpler presets these days. Leon has provided a MTD reverb emulator and I took a gander, but I haven't really had a use for it yet. Did you try the MTD and get the same result or was it any better/worse?
With MTD sounds better than plexverb but I preffer Reverb. Thanks a lot for your quick answers.

Back
Top Bottom