FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea there was a minor update a month ago and I am pretty good about keeping up with updates. Must be having too much fun with the FM3 to have noticed before the CPU went crazy on a couple of them and I didn't know why. Thanks again for all of you help. I really appreciate it! This community is the best.

Hi there, I am new to fractal, can I get some help please?
I updated my FM3 to 4.01 and I am aware of the ability to upgrade presets. I went to setup - utilities - upgrade all presets.
It goes to about 80% then never moves anymore (see attached pic). I have tried 3 times and the third on I actually waited for an hour.
What is wrong or what have I dont wrong? Any assistance is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 240590642_10159857892267859_9141530735682436017_n.jpeg
    240590642_10159857892267859_9141530735682436017_n.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 16
Hi there, I am new to fractal, can I get some help please?
I updated my FM3 to 4.01 and I am aware of the ability to upgrade presets. I went to setup - utilities - upgrade all presets.
It goes to about 80% then never moves anymore (see attached pic). I have tried 3 times and the third on I actually waited for an hour.
What is wrong or what have I dont wrong? Any assistance is much appreciated.
There have been a few instances of the unit hanging up. Most eventually do complete the process, so you might try a few times. If nothing seems to get better, you might try to reinstall the firmware and reattempt.

There have been a few instances of the unit hanging up. Most eventually do complete the process, so you might try a few times. If nothing seems to get better, you might try to reinstall the firmware and reattempt.
Thanks for your reply. I just tried reinstalling. Same thing again. Stuck. Could it be a particular preset that causes the upgrade to hang? I dont really understand the difference between upgrade presets vs reset blocks. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and hope more ideas come up.

Thanks for your reply. I just tried reinstalling. Same thing again. Stuck. Could it be a particular preset that causes the upgrade to hang? I dont really understand the difference between upgrade presets vs reset blocks. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and hope more ideas come up.
I do not believe that any particular preset would cause that (definitely not any factory preset because too many people have successfully done so). Sorry, but the only thing I've seen anyone say that works is persistence.

Upgrade presets vs reset (amp) block--not much info has been issued on what this does other than that it helps the unit to operate more efficiently. Resetting the amp block is akin to recalibrating it after a firmware update may have skewed the settings (so for instance your previous gain setting is now effectively either higher or lower than what you wanted).

You can operate just fine w/o updating presets. If you absolutely can't execute it, you might hang on until the next firmware update and reattempt.

Hello,
You may want to try contacting support. I sort of remember there was a possible issue that may have been causing this behavior or a particular process to proceed with first. As “fcs100” has said most the time for the few having the problem it finally worked after a number of tries. Support could save time and headache if there is solution. Have you gone back through posts because there was a some discussion about this problem when the new Presets and F/W first came out? Sorry for being so vague, but I can’t quite remember all the specifics.

I can feel it in the air; the Axe III's pitch block is coming to the FM3 - that's why it's been so long since an update!!

(also, speaks volumes for the team that they haven't had any bugs to squash in the last two months. Might be the most solid FW yet!)

What do you think of the plexverb effect to replace the reverb? It saves a lot of cpu on the fm3, but it seems to get along better with clean sounds than distorted ones .....With the last firmware update, my cpu is on the limit

I can feel it in the air; the Axe III's pitch block is coming to the FM3 - that's why it's been so long since an update!!

(also, speaks volumes for the team that they haven't had any bugs to squash in the last two months. Might be the most solid FW yet!)
the painful irony i sold my FM3 and got the FM9 and still don't have it

@MJ2020 - I definitely think you should contact Fractal Support. This is not normal. Fractal may have a couple of things to try short of returning the unit for service, but even if that is required, my experience has been that they provide excellent service and fast turn around. You want to get the best and what you paid for from your FM3.

Back
Top Bottom