FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

Installed the firmware last night. It took about 14 mins to upgrade all the existing presets with no issue. So far so good! Thank you all for the great work.

More features / functionality = more CPU usage.
Might need a lot of rework for 3-4 main patches in my case. Close to all the 'economy' options have been consumed sofar so maybe I'll have to split up some patches.
If there just could be a "block swap" option; for example on scene change cut out a chorus block from the grid and insert a wah in another place on the grid....but guess that would sound horrible on scene change...probably better split into 2 patches.

I’m getting CPU issues too. I have a preset which has been working fine at around 80%, if I switch to the preset it mutes with high CPU and I have to switch the reverb quality down.

Then I can play fine and switch the Reverb quality back up.

It’s like there’s some garbage collection or something not running when you I switch presets?

I did update presets

Thanks for the new Firmware. I have noticed a small issue. I have layout links set up so that when I select a preset, the layout changes to the scenes layout. Since updating this has become very slow. Well it probably takes a second or two before the scenes layout comes up and the unit is silent for this time. Not a huge issue as I only ever select a new preset in-between songs, but nevertheless it's a bit clunky so I thought I would mention it.

Edited to mention it does it regardless of preset and with or without the editor connected.

Edited again: this fixed the issue:
  • Added “Presets” Utilities page to upgrade Presets stored in flash to the currently installed firmware version. When executed, all presets stored in flash with an older version of the firmware will be upgraded to the currently installed firmware version and automatically re-saved to flash. This process can take up to 20 minutes but will speed up preset changes. NOTE: backup your presets before using this utility.

Last edited:
Thanks for the new Firmware. I have noticed a small issue. I have layout links set up so that when I select a preset, the layout changes to the scenes layout. Since updating this has become very slow. Well it probably takes a second or two before the scenes layout comes up and the unit is silent for this time. Not a huge issue as I only ever select a new preset in-between songs, but nevertheless it's a bit clunky so I thought I would mention it.

Edited to mention it does it regardless of preset and with or without the editor connected.

See this post, it may be helpful for your situation if you've not upgraded presets with the new utility:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-4-01.175659/page-3#post-2131049

See this post, it may be helpful for your situation if you've not upgraded presets with the new utility:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-4-01.175659/page-3#post-2131049

Thanks @Stratoblaster that appears to have fixed it.

Ok I am new so forgive me. I upgraded using the steps I read here plus the steps in the update. I upgrade the edit first then uploaded the new version. I reloaded the FC Controllers OM9 because it disappeared. However when I got to the edit software, hit setup and go to the audio tab, all of the parameters are blank and I have zero choices/can't make choices. When I go to outboard eq it says eq disable, to enable, set the output 1 eq type on the config page (which I did). I did restart the FM3, upgraded the patches, and restarted the edit software and I still have this issue. I am sure it is something simple...but I don't know the solution. Also, in the setup menu in the edit software my config is blank, as is scales, tuner. There are menus of for instant Out 1 config / mode/output level/phase, but there are zero parameters showing.

Attachments

• FM3 screen shot.jpg
    FM3 screen shot.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom