FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Is there a way to have "Scene - Destination Name" not show up on all three foot switches, but only the one I am programming? This is really annoying. I want to have each foot switch show the destination scene for itself, not all three.
By default, in normal mode, it doesn't do that. When editing the layout it might, depending on how you have the display settings.

It was also stated by a employee a few weeks ago we would never Be in full lock step with the AxeIII

From Comparing the FM3 to the Axe-Fx III:
Aside from modifications designed to optimize CPU on the FM3 (see below), the FM3 runs the same algorithms and therefore sounds the same when identical settings are used. Exceptions are possible, when later improvements and new features of the III can't be ported to the FM3 because of CPU constraints.
Presets for the III and FM3 are compatible. When importing presets from the III, FM3-Edit tries to convert the larger grid to the FM3’s smaller one. Blocks which aren't supported by the FM3, can't be imported. Blocks on the far right columns or lower rows of the Axe-Fx III are put into the first available spaces on the left of the FM3 layout grid and are disconnected. Block files can not be exchanged at the time of writing. There can also be differences when the firmware on both devices doesn't exactly provide the same features and functionality.
The FM3 doesn't support "dual source modifiers".
"The core modeling technologies are the same, but not all features are present on the lighter platform. For example, the FM3 doesn't have input dynamics or bias trem. At present, it doesn't have Master Bias Excursion. This is what I mean by different versions not necessarily in lockstep."

The technical differences aside, they develop on one platform then push to the other, so that makes it difficult for them to be lock-step. In general it's not a big deal since Cygnus on both is the great equalizer and when we were on Ares on both it was pretty smooth sailing too, but having Cygnus on the FX3 and Ares on the FM3 was occasionally frustrating when I wanted to move a preset between the two.

Last edited:
Thanks,there is a way to change for all the presets , within the CS per SCENE , the value of each Control Switches to "last" , via batch and not do it for every preset , click on "Reset all" -> Save etc etc ?
Unfortunately, no. I think this is the fastest/easiest procedure to accomplish this.

Unfortunately, no. I think this is the fastest/easiest procedure to accomplish this.
I see the fractool can batch modify and has the feature to modify the CS PER SCENE on the CONTROL block , but It ask me a numerical value for the value of CS , can anyone tell me what Is the numbers relative to ON / OFF / LAST ?

Hi there- I am about to start gigging again and haven't updated my firmware for at least 6 months . I am keen to try new cygnus firmware and presets but am scared to lose my 20 gigging presets .

If I do update how do I go back to a previous ( ie my current ) firmware if I wish to restore to my current presets ? I can't see any previous firmware versions available on the Fractal Website ( downloads)

Thanks in anticipation of help !

nick

If I do update how do I go back to a previous ( ie my current ) firmware if I wish to restore to my current presets ? I can't see any previous firmware versions available on the Fractal Website ( downloads)
Edit: I documented this on the wiki for you https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware#Rolling_Back_to_Older_Firmware

----------

Old firmware can usually be found here: http://archive.axefx.fr/

You'll also want to save the old editor because you'll need that if you roll back to older firmware.

Take a complete back up of your system before you upgrade. Note the firmware you're on so you can restore the correct firmware. To roll back:

• Install the old firmware
  • Reboot
  • Switch back to the old PC/Mac editor software that aligns with the old firmware
  • Install your old system settings backup
  • Reboot
  • Install your old bank backups
  • Install your old IR back backups
  • Reboot

Last edited:
Edit: I documented this on the wiki for you https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware#Rolling_Back_to_Older_Firmware

----------

Old firmware can usually be found here: http://archive.axefx.fr/

You'll also want to save the old editor because you'll need that if you roll back to older firmware.

Take a complete back up of your system before you upgrade. Note the firmware you're on so you can restore the correct firmware. To roll back:

• Install the old firmware
  • Reboot
  • Switch back to the old PC/Mac editor software that aligns with the old firmware
  • Install your old system settings backup
  • Reboot
  • Install your old bank backups
  • Install your old IR back backups
  • Reboot
Thank so much for your clear and quick reply- I will now give it a go !

Back
Top Bottom