FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Finally happy with my gigging presets in 4.0. I started from scratch. 60+ presets. Global Blocks would make that process so much easier.

Rehearsed with them for the first time last weekend after updating the FW the week before and doing some initial tweaking. Was not happy with the tone. Made a lot of notes at the rehearsal and then spent most of last week tweaking them more at around 99 db’s. Rehearsed again today and I’m very pleased. Amazing feel and tone with this update.

Last edited:
I said that because the diferent drive modeling. Now is the same that the fx3 as said FAS ar the begining of the post. I reset the chanel of a drive block, and then i put the same tone and drive than before and it sounds diferent. With some models is more notable in my fm3
Ah, sorry, I forgot about the Drive block updates. You'll definitely want to adjust them... Or at least, see if you need to.

I don't know if the Drive block has any "unexposed" settings that changed with the updates, so not sure an actual reset is needed. I don't recall Cliff saying anything about that.

Hey dad, my big brother had the .05 and I'm on .00!

It’s worth noting our 4.0 is as close to their 16.3 as possible. It was also stated by a employee a few weeks ago we would never Be in full lock step with the AxeIII

Regarding the drive block discussion, just thought I'd mention I noticed the Low Cut of all my TS808 OD drives was set too 700 Hz after upgrading from 3.02 to 4.00. No big deal to put those back to 20 Hz (I do all my low-cutting in the Cab block), but probably an unintended side-effect of the upgrade? The other drive I use in my presets (Blues OD) was unaffected.

Reading all the hype and praise of Cygnus, I felt it was kinda odd that most of my distortion scenes were suddenly thin sounding, even though I reset all the amps as per yek's handy guide (thanks!). I was surprised to see those Low Cuts set so high for that particular drive. At least now I can jump on the Praise Cygnus bandwagon :)

Regarding the drive block discussion, just thought I'd mention I noticed the Low Cut of all my TS808 OD drives was set too 700 Hz after upgrading from 3.02 to 4.00. No big deal to put those back to 20 Hz (I do all my low-cutting in the Cab block), but probably an unintended side-effect of the upgrade? The other drive I use in my presets (Blues OD) was unaffected.

Reading all the hype and praise of Cygnus, I felt it was kinda odd that most of my distortion scenes were suddenly thin sounding, even though I reset all the amps as per yek's handy guide (thanks!). I was surprised to see those Low Cuts set so high for that particular drive. At least now I can jump on the Praise Cygnus bandwagon :)
The Low Cut in the TS models has been 700 as far as I can remember back to Axe Fx II. I don't think that was a change...

So as it defaults to 20Hz at the moment, it is a bug?
I'm an Axe Fx III user, so commenting from that perspective. I'll need to check and see what the default is there... Maybe it changed when the Drive block was overhauled and I'm just not aware.

Cliff is the only one who can probably answer that question with 100% certainty.

I'm an Axe Fx III user, so commenting from that perspective. I'll need to check and see what the default is there... Maybe it changed when the Drive block was overhauled and I'm just not aware.

Cliff is the only one who can probably answer that question with 100% certainty.
Well, I can confirm both the TS808 OD and TS808 Mod default to 20Hz on the Axe Fx III as well.

With cygnus, the high gain amps sound without life, very dark sound. I copy the negative feedback of the firmware 3.02 and the same grid bias. Finaly I increase the hi cut between 2,5 db and 5db depending on the amp, to give them punch and best sound, more open. Any of you have the same problem?

With cygnus, the high gain amps sound without life, very dark sound. I copy the negative feedback of the firmware 3.02 and the same grid bias. Finaly I increase the hi cut between 2,5 db and 5db depending on the amp, to give them punch and best sound, more open. Any of you have the same problem?
Did you reset the Amp block in your presets?

Are you using a Drive block as well? You may need to reset them as well since the block was overhauled.

Did you reset the Amp block in your presets?

Are you using a Drive block as well? You may need to reset them as well since the block was overhauled.
Thanks for the answer. I reset the amp block and I use only the Amp block not the Drive. Marshalls and soft Amps for me are better with cygnus, but the high gain are darker in comparision with the last Ares firmware. But in my case, I turn up a litle the Hi treble knob and I recover that punch and life that I listened before. Sorry for my english and thank you so much!

The Low Cut in the TS models has been 700 as far as I can remember back to Axe Fx II. I don't think that was a change...
I'll be honest and say I don't know what the default Low Cut setting was prior, just that the value seemed oddly high to me while I was troubleshooting where my low end went. Changing it to 20 Hz fixed it on the affected scenes, and the result made me pretty happy with the whole Cygnus update. :) Just figured I'd share my experience in case anyone else might've had a similar issue.

I'll be honest and say I don't know what the default Low Cut setting was prior, just that the value seemed oddly high to me while I was troubleshooting where my low end went. Changing it to 20 Hz fixed it on the affected scenes, and the result made me pretty happy with the whole Cygnus update. :) Just figured I'd share my experience in case anyone else might've had a similar issue.
I only knew what it was because it was very high and it stuck in my brain :)

In any case, it appears things have changed.

@BryantP there is a way to have the behaviour of the "SCENE REVERT OFF" even for the Control Switch ?
I have the Austin Buddy presets,, and all the presets turns ON and OFF BOOST/BRIGHT/FAT/SATURATION with Control Switch.

When i choose "SCENE REVERT OFF", DRIVE/DELAY etc. are maintained to the selected value when i switch to another scene and i come back to the modified scene, but the control switch element don't.

I can choose the LAST settings on the "CONTROLLERS->CS per scene" page, but in that way every presets will have for instance the BOOST activated if i active the BOOS on one scene and i change it ...

There is current only CS per Scene that is saved with each preset. Your description of the problem it presents is accurate.
Thanks,there is a way to change for all the presets , within the CS per SCENE , the value of each Control Switches to "last" , via batch and not do it for every preset , click on "Reset all" -> Save etc etc ?

Is there a way to have "Scene - Destination Name" not show up on all three foot switches, but only the one I am programming? This is really annoying. I want to have each foot switch show the destination scene for itself, not all three.

Interesting because Axe-Edit scans every time it starts up.

Actually, maybe it's only scanning IRs and I'm confused! I need to double check...
The editors will scan presets and cabs at startup if that preference is set. If the editors sense that the firmware changed they'll reread the blocks too, which is the longer process, then cache that information for later.

Back
Top Bottom