FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Hello, you know if is important to reset the drive block with the cygnus firmware to have a better sound or only some drive models?

hello! tell me the difference in firmware 4 and cyngus. i am novice....

i have fm3 firmware 2.oo. i can update direct jumping to 4.0.?

again tell me shor history firmaware and cyngus beta etc... i am lost

thank you

polnareff27

also i have pretecting guard for FC6 on ebay and reverb brand new...

Attachments

• guitar_multieffects_fractal_fm_1 (2).jpg
    guitar_multieffects_fractal_fm_1 (2).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail_IMG_6102.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6102.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 31
  • thumbnail_IMG_6105 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6105 (1).jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 29
  • thumbnail_IMG_6108 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6108 (1).jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 32

thank you

polnareff27
Cygnus is the name of the modeling algorithm... And it's "Cygnus" not "Cyngus" ;)

Short history: There was Ares. Now there's Cygnus. The end... Until the next chapter.

Yes, you can go directly from 2.0 to 4.0.

thank you

polnareff27
cyngus was released in fw4 beta 1 and updated another 4 times till beta 5, then once majority of defects were identified and fixed as well as bringing some of the effect and other blocks to save versions in AX3 it was released as FW4 (not a beta). people in the community were very excited to use the new beta so they could start trying and hearing Cygnus, (me included) I ran beta, 1,2 and 4,and now on version 4. there are other differences that others will most likely chime in on.
Hope that helps,

I thought that I did all of that, in that order? But that worked.. Back in business!

Thanks brother.
I've also noticed my FM3 not being recognized on the USB port (Windows 10) since FW4. I found an earlier suggestion to unplug the USB from the computer, restart the FM3, then plug it back in to the computer. Works every time for me and doesn't require restarting the computer.

Quoting myself to say, yes, I was confused... It's scanning presets and IRs.
This is not normal behaviour. As others have said even when running in user mode this doesn’t happen except after doing a new install or upgrade. On subsequent invocations of the editor a quick scan is done but I infer it’s only to establish previous state and is so fast as to be imperceptible. I’d suggest there is something in the way you have Windows configured or the way in which you installed the editor that is causing this to happen.

I’m pretty windows illiterate but in the hope that this will help you determine what is happening I’ll describe my setup. I have 2 accounts - Admin and NoPriv which is a user account with no privileges. I install the editor from NoPriv and use the Admin pw to install it. Under the main disc C: this is the directory structure:

C:>Users>NoPriv>AppData>Roaming>FractalAudioFM3-Edit

There are 5 files in the directory. I believe that the key is that the directory is R/W to NoPriv which allows FM3-Edit to save its state information.

This is not normal behaviour. As others have said even when running in user mode this doesn’t happen except after doing a new install or upgrade. On subsequent invocations of the editor a quick scan is done but I infer it’s only to establish previous state and is so fast as to be imperceptible. I’d suggest there is something in the way you have Windows configured or the way in which you installed the editor that is causing this to happen.

I’m pretty windows illiterate but in the hope that this will help you determine what is happening I’ll describe my setup. I have 2 accounts - Admin and NoPriv which is a user account with no privileges. I install the editor from NoPriv and use the Admin pw to install it. Under the main disc C: this is the directory structure:

C:>Users>NoPriv>AppData>Roaming>FractalAudioFM3-Edit

There are 5 files in the directory. I believe that the key is that the directory is R/W to NoPriv which allows FM3-Edit to save its state information.
This IS normal behavior unless you disable it in editor preferences.

What's not normal is reading the block definitions (which is what I was thinking was happening).

It has to scan the preset slots and user IRs to know what's there.

Maybe you have it disabled or you don't have any (or a few) user IRs.

Edit:

Note that I'm talking about Axe-Edit. I don't have an FM3

What's not normal is reading the block definitions (which is what I was thinking was happening).
I was under the impression that what you were saying was that reading the block definitions and factory cabs was normal. Happy you clarified. I don’t have the setting disabled in the editor and I guess by others’ lights I have a small number of user cabs, 50 or so. But even with moving things around and doing extensive editing on presets it takes less than a second for the editor to initialize.

Moving things and editing presets has no effect on starting the editor. Those things can't happen until after it's started and done scanning
Sorry. Should have been clearer. The changes I was referring to - moving things, editing multiple presets, etc. - all done using the on-device editor. So the state of the device and the FM3-Edit cache are going to be out of sync. This is where I would expect to see the editor initialization taking longer. But it’s still on the order of a second or so. Just out of curiosity how long is the editor initialization taking when you start it. Maybe the difference lies in the FM3 vs the Axe Fx-III.

Sorry. Should have been clearer. The changes I was referring to - moving things, editing multiple presets, etc. - all done using the on-device editor. So the state of the device and the FM3-Edit cache are going to be out of sync. This is where I would expect to see the editor initialization taking longer. But it’s still on the order of a second or so. Just out of curiosity how long is the editor initialization taking when you start it. Maybe the difference lies in the FM3 vs the Axe Fx-III.
It reads all presets every time. I don't think that part really matters.

It doesn't take super long but long enough that I have to wait...

Probably less than 30 seconds. I'll try to time it next time.

Also it may depend on the CPU load of the current preset as I know some other things are affected by that... For example, backups are faster on an empty preset.

It reads all presets every time. I don't think that part really matters.

It doesn't take super long but long enough that I have to wait...

Probably less than 30 seconds. I'll try to time it next time.

Also it may depend on the CPU load of the current preset as I know some other things are affected by that... For example, backups are faster on an empty preset.
Ok... It takes about 15 seconds from launch until scanning is done.

Ok... It takes about 15 seconds from launch until scanning is done.
From launch from the taskbar 4 seconds. From the time the application window is visible, slightly less than 2 seconds. This may all smack of navel gazing but hopefully the combined numbers provide somewhat of a baseline for what to expect in terms of launch times :)

Amp block, not Drive block...
I said that because the diferent drive modeling. Now is the same that the fx3 as said FAS ar the begining of the post. I reset the chanel of a drive block, and then i put the same tone and drive than before and it sounds diferent. With some models is more notable in my fm3

First issue:

Turned her on at rehearsal today, everything seemed to load up normally, but no sound, led meters registered nothing, knobs did nothing.

Shut it off, turned it back on, all’s well.

Minor, but something nonetheless.

I finally upgraded after being on 3.01 since it was released. I wanted to wait to finish some recording I was doing and also wait for a new pair of FRFR speakers to arrive (XiTone). I definitely needed to tweak my presets but I see it as an opportunity not an inconvenience. It’s a chance to revisit everything and make some much needed updates. I even settled on a new cab that sounds better with 4.0. Everything works and sounds great. Thanks FAS!

Back
Top Bottom