FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

So I've updated to FW4.0 and FM3 Edit 1.05. But now, whenever I open FM3 Edit, it says "Reading Block Definitions. This occurs when saved definitions do not match those in the connected device." How do I get off of this or get whatever needs to be updated working?
Unless you're on an absolute hurry to use the Edit app, I'd recommend keeping this option active. It'll save you future headaches and the classic "Why is Edit showing a different amp/effect than what I'm using?" question made by people who don't let the app make this rutinary task to ensure hardware and software are in sync, specially after updates that introduce new elements like amps, effects, etc... 🙂

Unless you're on an absolute hurry to use the Edit app, I'd recommend keeping this option active. It'll save you future headaches and the classic "Why is Edit showing a different amp/effect than what I'm using?" question made by people who don't let the app make this rutinary task to ensure hardware and software are in sync, specially after updates that introduce new elements like amps, effects, etc... 🙂
No hurry - I just let it run per your suggestion. Does it do this every time now, or was that just because I’d ran the update? Thanks.

If you're on Windows, you can save a little time by setting it to run as administrator. Right click the desktop shortcut, choose properties/compatibility tab, and...

View attachment 85500
Thank you, yes, I’ve done that. The down side is every time I launch the program I have an additional click to acknowledge running it as admin or that it can make changes to my PC (don’t remember which).

Little stress test... Thunder lightning and rain...2 times power off whole house for some milliseconds... FM3 rebooted on its own but get stuck. Power off-waited 5 sec-power on.
Running fine again...
But now stopped and shut down all devices because I don't want them destroyed...

Little stress test... Thunder lightning and rain...2 times power off whole house for some milliseconds... FM3 rebooted on its own but get stuck. Power off-waited 5 sec-power on.
Running fine again...
But now stopped and shut down all devices because I don't want them destroyed...
I had the exact same thing happen.

Thank you, yes, I’ve done that. The down side is every time I launch the program I have an additional click to acknowledge running it as admin or that it can make changes to my PC (don’t remember which).
Not to sidetrack this thread, but what version of Windows are you running. Home or Pro? I have Pro (or whatever they call it) and this doesn’t happen. This is why I’m dreading Windows 11. It looks like they turned it into even more of a “dumbed down” OS. Windows 7 Ultimate was the right combination of a modern GUI OS and still a ”power user“ OS. For MS that is.

There use to be a setting where you can turn off those notifications. I’m not at a my Windows PC right now, but look around. MS may have taken that power away since they seem to think ruining an OS is a good thing and we are all too dumb to handle a real computer.

Not to sidetrack this thread, but what version of Windows are you running. Home or Pro? I have Pro (or whatever they call it) and this doesn’t happen. This is why I’m dreading Windows 11. It looks like they turned it into even more of a “dumbed down” OS. Windows 7 Ultimate was the right combination of a modern GUI OS and still a ”power user“ OS. For MS that is.

There use to be a setting where you can turn off those notifications. I’m not at a my Windows PC right now, but look around. MS may have taken that power away since they seem to think ruining an OS is a good thing and we are all too dumb to handle a real computer.
I believe it is Pro, but I'm not 100% on that and I'm at work now. When I first got the PC, which I bought because Axe Edit for XP was no longer supported, it worked fine. But then after an FM3 upgrade it started Reading Block Definitions every time I launched the program. I figured it was just that version of FM3 Edit, but no, the next one did the same thing. I don't even check now, I just change the shortcut every time the program is updated.

I ran Win 7 Pro or whatever for years at work and had zero problems. Recently I've upgraded PCs, so now I have Win 10 and a newer version of Office, and it seems like a downgrade to me. I have to reboot often because something will just stop working. And Outlook changes my view settings all by itself. I don't like it.

I believe it is Pro, but I'm not 100% on that and I'm at work now. When I first got the PC, which I bought because Axe Edit for XP was no longer supported, it worked fine. But then after an FM3 upgrade it started Reading Block Definitions every time I launched the program. I figured it was just that version of FM3 Edit, but no, the next one did the same thing. I don't even check now, I just change the shortcut every time the program is updated.

I ran Win 7 Pro or whatever for years at work and had zero problems. Recently I've upgraded PCs, so now I have Win 10 and a newer version of Office, and it seems like a downgrade to me. I have to reboot often because something will just stop working. And Outlook changes my view settings all by itself. I don't like it.
I totally sympathize with you. I was a pretty good Windows wiz at one time, but have been out of the loop and I know MS has really pooched Windows in the past few years. With the shutdown I took a bit of a break from technology, but with my recent FM3 purchase I went out and purchased a new Windows laptop. When I get home I’ll take a look and see if I can find any solution to make life a little less frustrating. It could be that there isn’t a solution.✌️

P.S.
This isn’t meant to be MS/Windows bashing. I credit MS for accelerating the advancement of the industry using competition once, but they seem to lost their way along with many other Tech corps..

Excluding FAS, of course!😉
…..I say that “tongue in cheek”, but it’s very true!! At least so far in my estimation.

I was looking my laptop apps over today, counting the "cost" of moving to Linux. Windows 10 is the bloated, super-invasive, malignant, treacherous, aggressive pinnacle of corporate malfeasance. I live in the country and often can't check my email since the !#@%! ing OS is attempting to update over a slow connection.

Last edited:
There's no reason that Edit should require to run under an admin context. Something is incorrectly configured on your system if you're experiencing a problem that's resolved by running it as an admin.

I've ran it on Windows 11 and it runs perfect.

Back
Top Bottom