FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Just reporting that I didn’t have any problem with this preset. But like DaveO, I’m using the OMG9 layout.
I wonder if there is anything connected to the FM3 that may be causing the problem? i.e. usb, midi, peddle or switches, if so I'd try disconnecting everything and check if same problem...

I wonder if there is anything connected to the FM3 that may be causing the problem? i.e. usb, midi, peddle or switches, if so I'd try disconnecting everything and check if same problem...
Great minds and all that…
I also unplugged everything except the studio monitors and did not have the preset freeze up.
Edit: just realised maybe this should be discussed in the preset thread. Me stop now.

Whenever I go on the stock preset 244 Horrorfest fm3 ...the preset works but I can't do anything else. Have to reboot while holding the home button in order to regain control.
if i reset system paramaters it works.
doing restore of my system settings - same again - Horrorfest freezes FM3..
I've sent my settings to BryantP... he will check it out if he got time...
Yes, this bug is a priority but we haven't gotten to it yet.

Just installed 4.00 FM3 white screened and was un responsive. Unplugged USB and started up fine. plugged USB back in, white screen again on start up. seems it won't start up with USB plugged in. Also noticed input and status led's are on with USB plugged in while the unit is powered off.

Just installed 4.00 FM3 white screened and was un responsive. Unplugged USB and started up fine. plugged USB back in, white screen again on start up. seems it won't start up with USB plugged in. Also noticed input and status led's are on with USB plugged in while the unit is powered off.
Please contact support for this one, too, and we'll help you there: https://fractalaudio.com/getting-help/

To follow up on my earlier post regarding Power Tube Bias Excursion Values: After going through more amps, I noticed some peculiarities, such as the Solo 100 having 0.0% values, while the Solo 88 & 99 had 100.0% values (except Solo 88 Clean, which had 8.0%), and Shiva Clean being 0.0% when Shiva Lead is 100.0%. I decided to go through most of the amp models and compare their 3.03, 4.0 Beta 1, and 4.00 values, along with those used by Fremen & Austin Buddy in their recently updated packs.

-The x's denote amps that had the Bias Excursion parameter removed during FW 4.00 Beta 1.
-Amps highlighted in yellow are the ones that I suspect might be of concern.

Could we please get an update from FAS regarding the accuracy of the Bias Excursion Values used in FW 4.00? Thank you,

@Admin M@ @BryantP @rglr

DdEaAuj.png

BWnOIS8.png

Power Tubes Bias Excursion Values:

Could we please get some confirmation on what are the correct Bias Excursion values for these models? Are the values in FW 4.00 final, or are there potential errors?

In FW 4.00, some of the Class-A(ish) amp models have their bias excursion values set as 0.0%. Some amps, such as the Match D-30 or Class-A 30W, have ~100.0% for one channel/model, and 0.0% for the other. During FW 4.00 B1, the Power Tubes Bias Excursion parameter when away entirely for many models before returning in the later 4.00 Betas. Some of these models had their values drop by as many as 136.0% (Blankenship), while others rose by 60.0% (Div/13 CJ).

Most of the FW 3.xx values were ~50.0-54.0%. I noticed that after upgrading to FW 4.00 B1, when importing old presets, their Bias Excursions valued doubled. The list below has an "adjusted" column to show this automatic doubling, which makes the 3.xx values easier to compare to the 4.xx values.

hXIXCJ4.jpg

@Admin M@ @BryantP @rglr

To follow up on my earlier post regarding Power Tube Bias Excursion Values: After going through more amps, I noticed some peculiarities, such as the Solo 100 having 0.0% values, while the Solo 88 & 99 had 100.0% values (except Solo 88 Clean, which had 8.0%), and Shiva Clean being 0.0% when Shiva Lead is 100.0%. I decided to go through most of the amp models and compare their 3.03, 4.0 Beta 1, and 4.00 values, along with those used by Fremen & Austin Buddy in their recently updated packs.

-The x's denote amps that had the Bias Excursion parameter removed during FW 4.00 Beta 1.
-Amps highlighted in yellow are the ones that I suspect might be of concern.

Could we please get an update from FAS regarding the accuracy of the Bias Excursion Values used in FW 4.00? Thank you,

@Admin M@ @BryantP @rglr

DdEaAuj.png

BWnOIS8.png
You're looking at the wrong parameter. Those are Preamp Bias Excursion values and they are correct.

You're looking at the wrong parameter. Those are Preamp Bias Excursion values and they are correct.
All of the values I pulled were from the Pwr Tubes + CF page in 4.00 or the Power Amp page in 3.03. After your statement, I did a quick experiment and realized that the Preamp and Power Tube Bias Excursion's are linked. When I adjust the Preamp, it automatically adjusts the Power Tube Bias Excursion. Therefore, if the Preamp Bias Excursion values are correct, then the previously listed Power Tube Bias Excursions are correct.

That said, is there a FW 4.00 functionally equivalent or analogous parameter to the old Power Tube Bias Excursion? Are we able to adjust the power tubes without affecting the Preamp bias Excursion?

Thanks.

r1cwzxc.jpg

All of the values I pulled were from the Pwr Tubes + CF page in 4.00 or the Power Amp page in 3.03. After your statement, I did a quick experiment and realized that the Preamp and Power Tube Bias Excursion's are linked. When I adjust the Preamp, it automatically adjusts the Power Tube Bias Excursion. Therefore, if the Preamp Bias Excursion values are correct, then the previously listed Power Tube Bias Excursions are correct.

That said, is there a FW 4.00 functionally equivalent or analogous parameter to the old Power Tube Bias Excursion? Are we able to adjust the power tubes without affecting the Preamp bias Excursion?

Thanks.

r1cwzxc.jpg
Seems like a bug...

Thanks.

I was playing with the FM3 and some phones tonight and I checked this against my Cornford preset. The preamp bias excursion, at least on this amp, is not linked to the power tube bias ex. I am able to independently adjust these. The PI bias excursion is also independent. So it does sound like you may have found a bug.

I reloaded Banks. Works fine now
Imported new Factory presets again - left out Horrofest because FM3 Edit behaved strange after importing this with rest of presets.
Imported Horrorfest as single Preset again.

Now it works !
Cycled through all Scenes - Switching to other presets - no freezw of Device anymore.

Nothing changed with settings or setup.

Strange

Back
Top Bottom