FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

It's on our list but no, we haven't gotten to it yet.
I sent an email to support last night as I went back to 3.02 (and system reset) and the pitch block stills plays incorrectly. Something else must've happened. Don't think it has to do with 4.0 - If there's anything else I can try I'd greatly appreciate it! thx

I sent an email to support last night as I went back to 3.02 (and system reset) and the pitch block stills plays incorrectly. Something else must've happened. Don't think it has to do with 4.0 - If there's anything else I can try I'd greatly appreciate it! thx

@brianv4

Is your guitar tuned to 440?

I loaded your preset (FM3, latest fw, latest editor) and the Pitch block shows this: type=Dual Diatonic, key=A, scale=Penta Major, Harmony 1=3, Harmony 2=1, Mix=50.

It sounds fine and as expected when playing in A major.

BTW, the second harmony makes no sense, it just doubles the original pitch and can cause phase issues. Better turn down its level.

@brianv4

Is your guitar tuned to 440?

I loaded your preset (FM3, latest fw, latest editor) and the Pitch block shows this: type=Dual Diatonic, key=A, scale=Penta Major, Harmony 1=3, Harmony 2=1, Mix=50.

It sounds fine and as expected when playing in A major.

BTW, the second harmony makes no sense, it just doubles the original pitch and can cause phase issues. Better turn down its level.
That was just amp cab pitch block that I threw together to demonstrate, not an actual preset. And yes, I normally tune to A=440. That was my bad when I recorded that clip. As mentioned in my previous post, I reverted to 3.02 and still have the problem so I'm thinking something happened to trash my pitch block. I've reached out to support, thx!

Just upgraded today. After about 15 minutes of playing through it, the screen went white and the sound cut out. Rebooting didn't fix this until I unplugged the USB cable. At that point it operates normally. Plugging the USB back in causes the unit to instantly go white again. Any ideas? I've had the unit for about a year, and haven't had a single issue until upgrading today. I've never had any issues with the USB as well.

I will say, the few minutes I played with it, it sounded incredible.

What’s the CPU usage when the USB is unplugged? If it’s above 80% plugging in the USB could push it over the edge.

Right around 71%. Tried several different presets, but they all yielded the same result. I did just notice that the red lights on the input meters stayed red with the USB plugged in but the unit powered off.

I finally updated today to 4.0 from 3.02. No issues at all. This thing sounds great! What beautiful tone, it is definitely a noticeable upgrade. Great job FAS!
As LeonTodd would say "it's glorious!"

Actually, if my guitar is tuned down a half-step and I play the 2nd fret, 3rd string it would be 415Hz
Well then you're just playing 415 Hz. A above middle C, or A sub 4, at concert pitch is defined as a tone with a frequency of 440 Hz (by western music standards).

The reason I asked Matt was that I'm trying to determine if the FM3 defines A#/Bb as 440 and the entire scale is detuned as function of actual frequencies by 5 cents in this case, or if the refenrece pitch is 5 cents out for just that note.

I'm pretty sure this is not true on Axe Fx III or FM3. They have a separate processor that handles USB.
I thought that might be possible as I posted, but figured it was still worth checking if they were on the ragged edge. If it’s multiple presets it’s happening on, I’d say contact support as I haven’t seen anyone else reporting this problem.

same here..
if i reset system paramaters it works.
doing restore of my system settings - same again - Horrorfest freezes FM3..
I've sent my settings to BryantP... he will check it out if he got time...
Just reporting that I didn’t have any problem with this preset. But like DaveO, I’m using the OMG9 layout.

Back
Top Bottom