FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Does the fan sound okay during startup for each of you? That is to say, no crickets etc?
Yes, it starts fine at bootup and runs through bootup. Haven't had the whine or fan stall again, yet. Never had any chirping or crickets. Just the one fan stall/whine episode when it got pretty warm. after a couple of hours.

Updated to v4.00 with no issues. I didn't have too much time to play, but what little I heard sounds awesome! Many thanks to FAS and the beta testers.

There was mention a while ago about enabling the USB-A for power (I am talking a looong time ago!!) will that ever get enabled in these Cygnus updates?

Looking to charge my spare Shure GLX-D battery via that port….

Played a pretty hot direct sun 1.5 hour outdoor gig on Saturday, no issues. (Of course could not see anything on the screen due to the direct sunlight, but otherwise no issues).

There was mention a while ago about enabling the USB-A for power (I am talking a looong time ago!!) will that ever get enabled in these Cygnus updates?

Looking to charge my spare Shure GLX-D battery via that port….
Has nothing to do with Cygnus, which is the modeling algorithm.

But it would come via a Firmware update if it's ever implemented.

Has nothing to do with Cygnus, which is the modeling algorithm.

But it would come via a Firmware update if it's ever implemented.
It’s pretty obvious that Cygnus is a modelling algorithm so thanks for pointing that out..but those Cygnus updates do come via FIRMWARE updates so not sure what you are trying to prove? Your Fractal supremeness?!!

#pedantic

This started today, switch 1 doesn't light up til it's pressed. 2 switches are not functioning correctly. The 2nd view switch 2 doesn't light up at all. It's assigned to be white but no color choice makes a difference.

This started today, switch 1 doesn't light up til it's pressed. 2 switches are not functioning correctly. The 2nd view switch 2 doesn't light up at all. It's assigned to be white but no color choice makes a difference.
Can you please attach your "System +FC" backup from Fractal-Bot?

BUG FW 4

Diatonic Pitch setting is playing incorrect intervals! f ex, dorian uses a maj 3rd, mixolydian has a maj 7 etc.

@BryantP @rglr @Admin M@

This is not happening here.

I set a Dual Diatonic shifter to A Dorian, which is the 2nd mode of G major. All notes harmonize correctly:
A:C
B: D
C:E
D:F#
E:G
F#:A
G:B

I set a Dual Diatonic shifter to A Mixolydian, which is the 5th mode of D major. All notes harmonize correctly:
A:C#
C#:E

I also checked other keys and the quad diatonic shifter.
Factory Preset 319, Heavy Harmonies, provides a good testing ground.
Is your guitar out of tune? Is your unit's clock rate being forced to 44k?

Last edited:
Can you please attach your "System +FC" backup from Fractal-Bot?
Thanks Bryan, it's working now. Weird , i only paused fm3 editor and when I turned on the fm3 , it wasn't working.
I closed fm3 editor and turned off the fm3, turned it back on and the switch lights are working.

Just played for about 5 hours with the new firmware. About 4 hours settling on new my tone since they all sound amazing using the new factory presets with only adding different IR’s as far as tweaking, then I figured I might as well find my bass tone while I was at it.

It really does feel like a completely different beast. I’m able to hear my high gain open notes so much clearer which I’ve never been able to do this clearly in the various modlers I’ve tried over the years.

Excellent Work!

Does the fan sound okay during startup for each of you? That is to say, no crickets etc?
Fan is fine during start up, as mentioned, this has only happened twice to me, first during beta 1 and now, I think that's one month apart from each event. Hasn't happened again, don't know if it'll help but I did "reset system parameters".

Don't know what triggers it or if it'll happen again, I'll keep monitoring.
Any advice is welcome
thanks

I'm really curious what other amps and cabs you guys are using for high gain tones with version 4.0. I had a preset with Friendman HBE C45 and it's so muddy/fizzy now when chugging on low strings. Maybe it's needs some eq now or something but I'm not sure the best place to make that change.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Note: Clean sounds seem to be really good, it's just the high gain stuff I'm struggling with which I didn't on 3.02.

I'm really curious what other amps and cabs you guys are using for high gain tones with version 4.0. I had a preset with Friendman HBE C45 and it's so muddy/fizzy now when chugging on low strings. Maybe it's needs some eq now or something but I'm not sure the best place to make that change.

Note: Clean sounds seem to be really good, it's just the high gain stuff I'm struggling with which I didn't on 3.02.
There was talk earlier in the thread about dialing back the bias excursion to tame the fizz.

Also, try selecting irs that are more off axis..

I will also put a shelf eq on at about 10-11k in the cab block. Also dialing back high treble, turning off bright switch and lowering presence.

And if those don’t work, bro you might just be using too much gain to begin with…;)

Sean Meredith-Jones

Last edited:

I fell in love with the Fas Modern preset with the dry bright scene. I paired that with LT TV Mix 7 which is excellent and free on Axe Change. I also really love Leon’s #34 which is on the 800 preset. Both sound killer to me. I HIGHLY recommend that IR though. I have tons of IR’s saved and that one just open’s all the high gain stuff up in my opinion.

This is not happening here.

I set a Dual Diatonic shifter to A Dorian, which is the 2nd mode of G major. All notes harmonize correctly:
A:C
C:E

I set a Dual Diatonic shifter to A Mixolydian, which is the 4th mode of D major. All notes harmonize correctly:
A:C#
C#:E

I also checked other keys and the quad diatonic shifter.
Factory Preset 319, Heavy Harmonies, provides a good testing ground.
Is your guitar out of tune? Is your unit's clock rate being forced to 44k?
Def happening here. I reset system parameters then created a totally new preset from scratch. Not only are the scale intervals off, the mix control won't go to a full 100% mix and if I try to enter a custom scale, the notes won't stay. I entered a C then an Eb and the box in edit goes blank. I'm attaching my made from scratch test preset.

Attachments

• Wonky Diatonics.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
It’s pretty obvious that Cygnus is a modelling algorithm so thanks for pointing that out..but those Cygnus updates do come via FIRMWARE updates so not sure what you are trying to prove? Your Fractal supremeness?!!

#pedantic
I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm trying to make sure you understand the difference because some people don't, and the wording of your post sounded like you were one of them.

I'll refrain from offering you any help in the future.

Back
Top Bottom