FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

I've been running the betas. It is funny, you don't know the difference until you hear it. I thought that Fractal did more than enough of a great job replicating tweeds amps, Marshalls, Boogies, Bogner, the entire list - every amp I had ever used and then in the Cygnus betas there is this increased clarity and almost thickness and dimensionality to the tone. Amazing. I will be installing the v4 today over the last beta and have a few hours to play. Enjoy everyone.

A tip to all beta testers: There were some updates on tube hardness (preamp) and excursion time & recovery time (power tubes) since a beta reset of your amps. Minor differences, but if you want to be up to date, i recommend to compare your beta amps to a freshly reset one in 4.0.0 :)

@BryantP
Just a moment ago my fan started sounding loud like having something stuck on it and making a laser beam sound... I guess this was reported on beta 3 or 4, I had experienced this only once during beta 1. Through all other betas this never happened again... Until now.
I've had my FM3 on for like 8 continues hours today... Don't know if that could be what caused it but I thought I should let you know.

Thanks
Happened to me for the first time. Fan was stuck. I blew into the vent hole in the bottom and the fan started spinning again.

Happened to me for the first time. Fan was stuck. I blew into the vent hole in the bottom and the fan started spinning again.
Found this on Facebook:

It's exactly what happened to me and you I think...

@BryantP can we consider this normal?

Edited: forgot it's a private group so the link won't work but it's on the "fractal audio fm3 group" page in case you want to check. The guy that uploaded the video applied the reset system parameters but it didn't solved it

Thanks

Found this on Facebook:

It's exactly what happened to me and you I think...

@BryantP can we consider this normal?

Edited: forgot it's a private group so the link won't work but it's on the "fractal audio fm3 group" page in case you want to check. The guy that uploaded the video applied the reset system parameters but it didn't solved it

Thanks
It's been recommended to contact support about this.

Apparently CPU temp gets higher when FM3 is turned on for more than 30 ~ 40 mins.

Temperature of my room: 27'C with air conditioner on (humidity is about 38%) - i suppose this is relatively cool condition.
CPU usage of the current preset: 65%
CPU temp when fan kicked in: 60.4'C
CPU temp when fan turned off: 54.5'C
Uptime of FM3 when fan kicked in: About 40min, 1hr 25min and 1hr 51min
Fan ran about a few minutes (2 ~ 5min) until CPU cooled down to 54.5'C.

For sure, fan should kick in when CPU temp is high but I'm kinda curious if 60'C of CPU temp under moderate usage and in relatively cool condition is normal?

Apparently CPU temp gets higher when FM3 is turned on for more than 30 ~ 40 mins.

Temperature of my room: 27'C with air conditioner on (humidity is about 38%) - i suppose this is relatively cool condition.
CPU usage of the current preset: 65%
CPU temp when fan kicked in: 60.4'C
CPU temp when fan turned off: 54.5'C
Uptime of FM3 when fan kicked in: About 40min, 1hr 25min and 1hr 51min
Fan ran about a few minutes (2 ~ 5min) until CPU cooled down to 54.5'C.

For sure, fan should kick in when CPU temp is high but I'm kinda curious if 60'C of CPU temp under moderate usage and in relatively cool condition is normal?
As far as I've read, 55 degrees is the trigger for fan starting.

Updated to firmware 4 today from beta 5, I noticed that my presets are fizzy, i reverted to beta but still want to know what needs to be changed, good thing someone here post about changes in bias so I changed my Preamp Bias Excursion from 100% to 25% and I'm all set with latest fw. I'm really happy with Cygnus now, thank you all for your hard work, If only I could send you guys some Filipino delicacies to show my appreciation :D

Can anyone explain to me Line Level and Unity Gain like for output like I'm 5?

I'm using my FM3 as: out 2 -> SS Poweramp -> 212 cab

Thanks a bunch!

Besides the fizzy sounds I also had noticed the volume seemed to be way lower in version 4.0.

I'm wondering if anyone who had no issues can point out the detailed steps they did to upgrade to the firmware?

Updated to firmware 4 today from beta 5, I noticed that my presets are fizzy, i reverted to beta but still want to know what needs to be changed, good thing someone here post about changes in bias so I changed my Preamp Bias Excursion from 100% to 25% and I'm all set with latest fw. I'm really happy with Cygnus now, thank you all for your hard work, If only I could send you guys some Filipino delicacies to show my appreciation :D

I'll give this a try today. What did this used to be defaulted to pre-Cygnus do you know? I'm also seeing 'preamp hardness etc settings in other posts. These are settings I have not played with. Any sweet spot ranges on these settings that anyone can expand upon? I'm pretty happy with my tones as is but of course always looking to make them better. The endless pursuit of tone.....

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but for me where I should have something on the Scene 6 display it's blank in every preset

The same switch works OK in every other setting, just shows a blank screen when in Scenes no matter if there is a Scene 6 or not

I'll give this a try today. What did this used to be defaulted to pre-Cygnus do you know? I'm also seeing 'preamp hardness etc settings in other posts. These are settings I have not played with. Any sweet spot ranges on these settings that anyone can expand upon? I'm pretty happy with my tones as is but of course always looking to make them better. The endless pursuit of tone.....
what I did, i screen shot those presets I have backup, and for some reason the Preamp Bias Excursion defaults to 100% when you update. so for me just those settings, Preamp bias at -0.200 and 25% bias excursion, I left pwr tubes + cf Bias excursion to 100%, 5.98 ms, just adjust to your taste, I mostly use JP2C only lol I'm surprised just adjusting those settings make difference in overall sound of the preset, specially with fizziness

Back
Top Bottom