FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Thanks! Bought the fm3 after considering every option out there for months. After hearing the various preliminary Cygnus videos i decided to at least "try" the fm3 looking forward to full release. Pre cygnus honestly i didn't care for the Axe. I just don't think it sounded much greater than even the cheaper options out there so it was basically tube amp or nothing. After hearing a few videos of the difference between pre cygnus and cygnus, to me it was an immense improvement. So glad i bought it when i did. I had the ultra back in the day when they released. Cool unit, didn't grab me over the vintage gear i already had. But one thing i did remember was the incredible support from FAS and from the community, and that absolutely factored into my decision to try the fm3. So thanks to all.
Sounds like your FAS journey is similar to mine. I heard the ultra late in the game and when the axe2 got announced I smashed a preorder down. Heard the 3 and couldnt justify shelling out. After hearing Cygnus im like, alright I'll bite. FM3 is currently on order!

I'm finding with version 4.0 that my amp sounds have more gain and overall it seems like I'm clipping. Is there a setting or somewhere I can check to see what is going on?

Also it seems like some of my presets are darker sounding/muddy now. Not sure what is happening.

Its the bass control of the LEGEND 100 model supposed to be stuck or non-tweakable??
Cant control bass :(

Last edited:
I'm finding with version 4.0 that my amp sounds have more gain and overall it seems like I'm clipping. Is there a setting or somewhere I can check to see what is going on?

Also it seems like some of my presets are darker sounding/muddy now. Not sure what is happening.
Did you come from any of the betas? If so did you do reset parm and soft reset amps?

If coming from before the beta then should also probably reset the Amp blocks.
No, I didn't use any of the betas. Not sure what is going on, it just doesn't sound great. Clipping and muddy.

I wonder if I should try to re-install it or rollback to previous firmware (assume that is possible since I did a backup using Frac-tool).

No, I didn't use any of the betas. Not sure what is going on, it just doesn't sound great. Clipping and muddy.

I wonder if I should try to re-install it or rollback to previous firmware (assume that is possible since I did a backup using Frac-tool).
Install the new factory presets and check if they sound good to you.
In that case, you will know that everything works fine, and you have to modify the parameters of your other presets.

FW 4.0 is working well for me....... :)
Rest a few amps and some didn't have to. Just a few tweaks here and there. New factory presets are nice also...........

Install the new factory presets and check if they sound good to you.
In that case, you will know that everything works fine, and you have to modify the parameters of your other presets.
Always do a reinstall if it doesn't sound right, as in my experience it solves it, and with the Axe FX II, I had to do this on 3 FW's over the years, and one time I had to reinstall the FW 3 times. No idea why, but it happens rarely.

So far I've made it to preset 027, the 5153
comparing scene 4, Blue 50W to my 2018 5153 6L6 50 watt....

uhhm yea,
thanks for doing the work for me.
I don't need to tweak a thing in the amp block

who did this preset?
through a pair of original non-neo CLR active wedges at gig volumes.... holy shitballs.

Last edited:
Always do a reinstall if it doesn't sound right, as in my experience it solves it, and with the Axe FX II, I had to do this on 3 FW's over the years, and one time I had to reinstall the FW 3 times. No idea why, but it happens rarely.
Thanks. Do I need to just reinstall the firmware or also the presets again?

I've been looking into modelers for years, almost pulled the trigger on Kemper after several guitarists I know said how great they are (and I heard them llive and they DID sound really good). But after so many hours of online comparissons the fractal just felt and sounded better to me so I got an FM3 a few months ago. I've been out of town a lot so haven't gotten to play much but after trying out the cygnus betas and now the official release I'm so glad I went this route! And I can't believe how good the archon amp sounds for heavy guitars ... I probably need to spend more time dialing in the mesa amps but the archon just came together so easily and checks all the boxes.
Thanks, FAS - this unit rocks!

Back
Top Bottom