FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

I play classic rock in a live band here in Vegas.
The FM3 is kicking butt right now for me!
1. Great amp sound for clean, crunch, and lead....Check
2. Little bit of reverb...Check
3. Some delay for the lead breaks...Check
4. Wah...Check

And....done! This thing sounds great!
I hope they do get around to doing all the pitch and updated delays and such for the people who need them, but they have done a helluva good job with what is here right now.

I play classic rock in a live band here in Vegas.
The FM3 is kicking butt right now for me!
1. Great amp sound for clean, crunch, and lead....Check
2. Little bit of reverb...Check
3. Some delay for the lead breaks...Check
4. Wah...Check

And....done! This thing sounds great!
I hope they do get around to doing all the pitch and updated delays and such for the people who need them, but they have done a helluva good job with what is here right now.

Me too, hate to say it but my III hasn't had any use lately as the FM3 is the one I take out of the house and I'm getting so much from it.

I play in a classic rock band too and most of my tones are pretty straight forward, but I do use some of the FM3's extra features like synthy sounds and the rest of the band can't get their heads around what this little box is capable of

Are we getting a bugfix for the glitchy save menu soon? It's been glitchy on my unit since day 1 and it's a bit annoying hehe
¨
also turning the saturation switch to ideal boosts the volume on every amp by quite a few DB for some reason?

¨
also turning the saturation switch to ideal boosts the volume on every amp by quite a few DB for some reason?
The ideal saturation switch works correct. You adjust the Saturatution drive, which often defaults to a value of 4.0 in most but not all cases , to an appropriate value manually for each amp model if you don’t want that big db signal boost - Ideal Saturation reacts differently with each amp model. Hope that helps.

( I know this because I manually dial in Saturation values for the AustinBuddy LiveGold TonePack presets, to avoid the major db increase issue you mention. )

Last edited:
I've seen this reported before.

I was working on some AX8 custom presets for a client. I have all of my Fractal units always connected to my mixer for easy access, and to allow for quick A/B comparisons, etc... And all of a sudden, my FM3 powers on and starts making a loud humming noise (see pic below).

Like the other reports, It powers up and seems to run normally without the USB connected.

After powering up and re-connecting the USB, FM3-Edit works, but there is no USB audio? I have to unplug the USB cable when the unit is powered off.
FM3 white screen.jpg

I've seen this reported before.

I was working on some AX8 custom presets for a client. I have all of my Fractal units always connected to my mixer for easy access, and to allow for quick A/B comparisons, etc... And all of a sudden, my FM3 powers on and starts making a loud humming noise (see pic below).

Like the other reports, It powers up and seems to run normally without the USB connected.

After powering up and re-connecting the USB, FM3-Edit works, but there is no USB audio? I have to unplug the USB cable when the unit is powered off.
View attachment 86929
That looks broken ??

Back
Top Bottom