FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Had a strange thing happen a couple days ago, and forgive me if already been mentioned (I couldn’t get past the multi pages about Leon Todd. What a joke 🙄 Friggin love that guy)
Anyways, I was running through my set lists and when I changed presets one of my presets was dark and muffled, kinda like the the tone was rolled all the way off on the neck pickup. Switch to another preset and all was fine. Back to the other preset…same muffled sound. I turned it off and back on and the problem went away. I couldn’t recreate it anymore but it was the first glitch that I encountered. If it happened while playing live I’d be in trouble since the songs roll rather quickly
All in all Cygnus has been nothing short of amazing. So thankful to have such an amazing little box!…and for the entire FAS team!
I had this happen twice during the Cygnus beta but couldn't reproduce it; I suspect it's the Cab block and I was using only factory cabs. I mentioned it to @Admin M@ but it hadn't been reported before so we thought it might be a one-off situation that was fixed by resetting to factory specs, but without it being reproducible, it'll be a hard one to fix.

Matt or @BryantP, do you want a "Bug?" entry created?

Well, except to mark that it happened in a central place so if others encounter it they can add their $0.02? They might be able to reproduce it, or by putting enough configurations or presets together we might make headway.
If we can't reproduce it, it makes it super hard to fix. If it happens again then a bug thread with the presets (coming from/going to), system config, and intermediate actions performed on the unit is not a bad idea.

@Lord ToneKing, if you can reproduce this going back and forth between those same two presets you mentioned, get a hand on those presets and the steps to reproduce would be valuable.

I didn’t want to pry, happy with what we got going on. I received my Fm3 just after the 4.0 release and never even heard any of the 3.xx versions in my hands. Heard there’s an internal beta going on, so something’s in the works. What could it be? 🤯

Last edited:
My ability to save tempo for each preset I’ve made is not saving. I have 5 song presets for Weds and each has a different tempo. First song is 122…so I hit ‘save’ and move to the next preset which 97 BPM. I hit 97 and ‘save’ and go to the next preset but they all revert back to last saved BPM. I’m using 1/8 dot or 1/4 for all of them. This is really sucking, it’s never done this before

Edit: Figured it out. For whatever reason the Tempo on the FM3 was set to ‘Global’ instead of ‘Preset’. I never changed that and all my previous presets always saved the BPM’s. Weird 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
I didn’t want to pry, happy with what we got going on. I received my Fm3 just after the 4.0 release and never even heard any of the 3.xx versions inn my hands. Heard there’s an internal beta going on, so something’s in the works. What could it be? 🤯

I wonder if is the expanded Delay Block for the FM3.

Last edited:
I didn’t want to pry, happy with what we got going on. I received my Fm3 just after the 4.0 release and never even heard any of the 3.xx versions inn my hands. Heard there’s an internal beta going on, so something’s in the works. What could it be? 🤯
There is always a next version internal beta. This is Fractal.

I bet these last few weeks of "quietness" from Fractal is because they're working really hard on the Looper preset.
Loop fade out, and all.... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom