FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Yeah...I do not understand the point of that video.
I actually canceled my Quad Cortex and bought the FM3 a few months ago based partly on his videos and the great guitar tones he gets out of the unit.

If I were shopping now, and the only vid I saw was this one...my decision would have been different.

How about you? Did you think that was a great guitar tone? Would you walk onstage at a live gig with that particular tone? (I play classic rock by the way...lot of 80's stuff, and no way would I do that)

What was your opinion of it?
All music is subjective of course. But my point was...why would he conjure up a tone like that, when we all know he is very good at getting GREAT tones (of course you'll say that all of his great tones are just "opinion" too)

Maybe some of "us" are like Leon and we enjoy exploring and not regurgitating the same "tone" over and over. ;)

Maybe some of "us" are like Leon and we enjoy exploring and not regurgitating the same "tone" over and over. ;)
Maybe YOU are a guy that likes exploring. And that's cool. I never said "don't".
If I'm just sitting around noodling that's what I do too.

I simply said that Leon has shown he is an expert with the FM3 and makes it sound damn good.
This patch wasn't up to that level in my opinion.

As far as your smartass remark at the end...I play professionally. So yeah, I want a fat crunch...a nice "lesser" classic rock sound, a nice clean, and a singing lead.
You call it "regurgitating", I call it playing gigs.

There is no "we". You don't speak for everyone anymore than I do (as you pointed out).
As for telling me to "Move on."
Hey...you might not have noticed this as you were lecturing me...but I've only replied to people since my first comment.
I "moved on" days ago.

Just like now...I'm replying to you.

And I'll ask you again...would you take that exact tone and walk onstage and play a pro gig with it?

Personally I would not.
If you would...then good for you!

Now, I will once again "move on" until you or another person finds it necessary to tell me that my opinion that Leon Todd usually makes awesome tones on his Fractal, but didn't on this one video is all wrong.
Then I'll reply again.

That's what discussions are, right?

I don’t speak for everyone and never claimed to. “We” implies more than “me” and while it’s perhaps a bit presumptuous, I’d be willing to make a wager that there is at least one person here who might echo my sentiments.

Regardless. It’s fine. I’ll move on myself.

I don’t speak for everyone and never claimed to. “We” implies more than “me” and while it’s perhaps a bit presumptuous, I’d be willing to make a wager that there is at least one person here who might echo my sentiments.

Regardless. It’s fine. I’ll move on myself.
I think I might be getting out of hand in this discussion.

I apologize if I came across like a jerk in any way to you. It's just a sound Leon Todd came up with. I didn't think it was his best. And I think the written word may have made it seem like I was attacking him.
That isn't the case.
I have learned a lot about the FM3 from him and as I said earlier...it was his demonstration vids that were a big factor in my purchase.

Let's be virtual friends and put this nonsense behind us. :)

I think I might be getting out of hand in this discussion.

I apologize if I came across like a jerk in any way to you. It's just a sound Leon Todd came up with. I didn't think it was his best. And I think the written word may have made it seem like I was attacking him.
That isn't the case.
I have learned a lot about the FM3 from him and as I said earlier...it was his demonstration vids that were a big factor in my purchase.

Let's be virtual friends and put this nonsense behind us. :)

All good. I'd like to think we are all friends here, too. :)

I don't agree with everything my friends like or don't like. Same for them with me.
Like I don't like Friedman amps or amp models. Not sorry. ;)

There is no "we". You don't speak for everyone anymore than I do (as you pointed out).
As for telling me to "Move on."
Hey...you might not have noticed this as you were lecturing me...but I've only replied to people since my first comment.
I "moved on" days ago.

Just like now...I'm replying to you.

And I'll ask you again...would you take that exact tone and walk onstage and play a pro gig with it?

Personally I would not.
If you would...then good for you!

Now, I will once again "move on" until you or another person finds it necessary to tell me that my opinion that Leon Todd usually makes awesome tones on his Fractal, but didn't on this one video is all wrong.
Then I'll reply again.

That's what discussions are, right?
Everyone have diferent opinions and is good to write them in this forum, always from the respect of course. For me is not the best Leon's video, but doesn't sound bad. The problem here is that Leon always shows a top level and the comparision is dificult and hard. Rectos have a unique sound and is dificult to copy, I thing the last videos of rectos with ares sound better

Had a strange thing happen a couple days ago, and forgive me if already been mentioned (I couldn’t get past the multi pages about Leon Todd. What a joke 🙄 Friggin love that guy)
Anyways, I was running through my set lists and when I changed presets one of my presets was dark and muffled, kinda like the the tone was rolled all the way off on the neck pickup. Switch to another preset and all was fine. Back to the other preset…same muffled sound. I turned it off and back on and the problem went away. I couldn’t recreate it anymore but it was the first glitch that I encountered. If it happened while playing live I’d be in trouble since the songs roll rather quickly
All in all Cygnus has been nothing short of amazing. So thankful to have such an amazing little box!…and for the entire FAS team!

Had a strange thing happen a couple days ago, and forgive me if already been mentioned (I couldn’t get past the multi pages about Leon Todd. What a joke 🙄 Friggin love that guy)
Anyways, I was running through my set lists and when I changed presets one of my presets was dark and muffled, kinda like the the tone was rolled all the way off on the neck pickup. Switch to another preset and all was fine. Back to the other preset…same muffled sound. I turned it off and back on and the problem went away. I couldn’t recreate it anymore but it was the first glitch that I encountered. If it happened while playing live I’d be in trouble since the songs roll rather quickly
All in all Cygnus has been nothing short of amazing. So thankful to have such an amazing little box!…and for the entire FAS team!
Do you have a Wah block in the "muffled" preset? Perhaps it was engaged with the pedal near heel down?

Back
Top Bottom