FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

All of the values I pulled were from the Pwr Tubes + CF page in 4.00 or the Power Amp page in 3.03. After your statement, I did a quick experiment and realized that the Preamp and Power Tube Bias Excursion's are linked. When I adjust the Preamp, it automatically adjusts the Power Tube Bias Excursion. Therefore, if the Preamp Bias Excursion values are correct, then the previously listed Power Tube Bias Excursions are correct.

That said, is there a FW 4.00 functionally equivalent or analogous parameter to the old Power Tube Bias Excursion? Are we able to adjust the power tubes without affecting the Preamp bias Excursion?

Thanks.

r1cwzxc.jpg
Only a bug in FM3 edit. Should be fixed for the 1.05.00 though. Do still have a beta FM3 edit ?

All of the values I pulled were from the Pwr Tubes + CF page in 4.00 or the Power Amp page in 3.03. After your statement, I did a quick experiment and realized that the Preamp and Power Tube Bias Excursion's are linked. When I adjust the Preamp, it automatically adjusts the Power Tube Bias Excursion. Therefore, if the Preamp Bias Excursion values are correct, then the previously listed Power Tube Bias Excursions are correct.

That said, is there a FW 4.00 functionally equivalent or analogous parameter to the old Power Tube Bias Excursion? Are we able to adjust the power tubes without affecting the Preamp bias Excursion?

Thanks.

r1cwzxc.jpg
Fixed for next release.

same here..
if i reset system paramaters it works.
doing restore of my system settings - same again - Horrorfest freezes FM3..
I've sent my settings to BryantP... he will check it out if he got time...
After system reset your output goes back to -10db, as I use xlr I had to set it again to +4db, this solved the issue for me, maybe it will for you too 🤲🏼

I was playing with the FM3 and some phones tonight and I checked this against my Cornford preset. The preamp bias excursion, at least on this amp, is not linked to the power tube bias ex. I am able to independently adjust these. The PI bias excursion is also independent. So it does sound like you may have found a bug.
Thank you for testing this.

Only a bug in FM3 edit. Should be fixed for the 1.05.00 though. Do still have a beta FM3 edit ?
I am rocking FM3-Edit 1.05.00 and FW 4.00.

I just checked this on 4 different models to compare how adjusting either the Preamp Bias Excursion or Power Tube Bias Excursion would affect how the other parameter would react.

P.A.B.E. = Preamp Bias Excursion
P.T.B.E. = Power Tube Bias Excursion

-FM3 is displaying correct P.T.B.E. values
-FM3-Edit is displaying incorrect P.T.B.E. values; Edit displays the P.A.B.E. value in place of the P.T.B.E. value.
-Adjusting P.A.B.E on FM3 or FM3-Edit does not change P.T.B.E on the FM3, but it does change how P.T.B.E appears in FM3-Edit.
-Adjusting P.T.B.E. on the FM3 does not not change the P.A.B.E. on the FM3 or FM3-Edit, but the FM3's adjusted P.T.B.E. value does not appear in FM3-Edit.

Also I just added both the P.A.B.E & P.T.B.E. parameters to my global and per-preset performance views. Both controls are linked. If I adjust either one, on the FM3 or FM3-Edit, they both adjust in tandem to the new value.

raePrLn.jpg

Last edited:
Since updating from Beta 5 to 4.00:
Having a problem where my Wah Block is engaging unintentionally, intermittently.

My Wah is set to Auto Engage on FC1 = Pedal1 and I am using the Mission EP-1 with their spring to go back to heel-down.
I have calibrated the pedal a couple times and it is still happening.

It was happening at a show I played last week and I have been playing again tonight and it started happening after the unit was on for an hour.
My settings for the controller are as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.57.40 PM.png

It has happened on numerous presets and did not start until 4.00. This happened on none of the Beta releases.
I tried changing the auto engage speed from Med to Fast but it still is happening.

Any help is appreciated. It is not a happy situation. Otherwise Cygnus seems to be everything as advertised...

Since updating from Beta 5 to 4.00:
Having a problem where my Wah Block is engaging unintentionally, intermittently.

My Wah is set to Auto Engage on FC1 = Pedal1 and I am using the Mission EP-1 with their spring to go back to heel-down.
I have calibrated the pedal a couple times and it is still happening.

It was happening at a show I played last week and I have been playing again tonight and it started happening after the unit was on for an hour.
My settings for the controller are as follows:

View attachment 85386

It has happened on numerous presets and did not start until 4.00. This happened on none of the Beta releases.
I tried changing the auto engage speed from Med to Fast but it still is happening.

Any help is appreciated. It is not a happy situation. Otherwise Cygnus seems to be everything as advertised...
Possibly a bad cable, connection or pedal jack...

The Med to Fsst controls how fast it bypasses.

If you unplug the TRS cable does the Wah engage, too?

I will have to try and see. The pedal is mounted so the cable stays plugged in at all times. I wouldn’t imagine it would be problematic but who knows. I have a couple TRS cables I can try.

I will have to try and see. The pedal is mounted so the cable stays plugged in at all times. I wouldn’t imagine it would be problematic but who knows. I have a couple TRS cables I can try.
I had one TRS that would periodically pop itself out every once in a while. Also had everything strapped down...;)

1624768561310.png
FYI.. Im experiencing FM3 edit loosing communication in win/10 it cant recover from sleep, other applications that I switch to or sometimes even changing presets makes com fail...

Already posted this in the new Factory presets thread - Per preset performance controls are mixed up on various factory presets (used fw 4.0 and latest faxtory presets):

Last edited:
View attachment 85389
FYI.. Im experiencing FM3 edit loosing communication in win/10 it cant recover from sleep, other applications that I switch to or sometimes even changing presets makes com fail...
Ime, when a pc goes to sleep, bad things can happen especially when hardware is involved. That to me sounds more like a computer issue more than an fm3 issue?

For a while my computer would lose the boot drive after going to sleep and couldn’t recover. Turned out to be the cmos battery. Sometimes certain mobos don’t send power to all hardware units if it’s an older one.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Uploaded the 4.0 Friedman BE V3 preset, did a copy/paste to the 34 song list i used for 3 shows this weekend. Noticed that some presets wasn't as clear or at the same level.
The 34 presets are from the same template using the copy/paste , using the same blocks with the same levels on everything used.
Only thing that changes would be a harmony note. I'm at 59%cpu

Don't know if this is the place to report a bug but has anyone else experienced 'freezing' of your FM3 since upgrading to 4.0? It keeps happening to mine. Buttons won't change and sound goes completely clean. I have to reboot to fix. This is happening both with and without the USB lead connected. Have a gig this weekend and I'm a little bit nervous!

Had this one time with one of the new stock presets.
Reloaded them and now no freezes till then.
May redo firmware update and reload presets could help.

Don't know if this is the place to report a bug but has anyone else experienced 'freezing' of your FM3 since upgrading to 4.0? It keeps happening to mine. Buttons won't change and sound goes completely clean. I have to reboot to fix. This is happening both with and without the USB lead connected. Have a gig this weekend and I'm a little bit nervous!
Happened once but I wasn't adjusting anything, left for 10mins , came back and it was frozen . Turned off and on and no issues the next 3 hours.

I got my new FM3 back in April but knew Cygnus was coming, so I only made a few presets and bought a few York IRs. I’m now going to update to Cygnus (never bothered with the Beta versions). Is a full backup all I should do before the update? Do I perform the backup before updating FM3 edit? If I download the new factory presets, do I need to first move my custom presets to certain locations to avoid getting overwritten? Lots of questions there. Thanks.

Is a full backup all I should do before the update?
Yup
Do I perform the backup before updating FM3 edit?
Yes. I always do a full backup of the current state of the system with whatever version of the editor I have on hand. Then I install the new firmware. Shut down. Install the new FM3-Edit. Boot up. Rock out.

If I download the new factory presets, do I need to first move my custom presets to certain locations to avoid getting overwritten?
Yes. The factory presets are usually in banks A, B and C (presets 000 through 383). You'll want to move user presets to bank D before uploading the factory presets or be careful not to put the factory presets in whatever bank you have your user presets in.

So I've updated to FW4.0 and FM3 Edit 1.05. But now, whenever I open FM3 Edit, it says "Reading Block Definitions. This occurs when saved definitions do not match those in the connected device." How do I get off of this or get whatever needs to be updated working?

Back
Top Bottom