FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that we could change how we access our presets by pressing page left once ? Instead of multiple times too the right ? That would be super quick.

Plus maybe when using the big dial to scroll through presets from the main page (Home) that it would not try and load each preset right away as it slows down the selection when turning the dial fast. Maybe give it a 1 to 2 second buffer before loading the selected preset once you stop turning the big dial.

Is it possible that we could change how we access our presets by pressing page left once ? Instead of multiple times too the right ? That would be super quick.

Plus maybe when using the big dial to scroll through presets from the main page (Home) that it would not try and load each preset right away as it slows down the selection when turning the dial fast. Maybe give it a 1 to 2 second buffer before loading the selected preset once you stop turning the big dial.
You can post a new thread asking for that wish in the forum section:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/fm3-wish-list.116/

It could be the Old Nation M43 talking, but the Friedman models sound way better to me. Maybe not necessarily a beta 5 thing, but I just wanted to say I notice a big difference. I sort of use to skip over them and go right for the Atomica for 99% of what I do, but I’ve got a dirty Shirley preset loaded up right now that is just absolutely addicting. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

So, went from 4.03 to 4.05, so per forum did a sys Parm reset. Then soft reset 15 presets (amps in each channel). Now output 1 is clipping pretty bad.
I have always had output 1 all the way up on the FM3. I know I can turn it down, but did I miss something else I was suppose to do? Just checking before I lower output 1 knob. Most of my presets are tweaked Factory presets and also some AB Gold live.

Also, scene volumes are totally out of whack? Lowering output 1&2 helped somewhat but deluxe Tweed, my FAVORITE amp sounds , well, not so good anymore?

EDIT: Hmmm? Guess no one has any ideas... OK then.........I guess in the morning I'll have to go back to 302...................Too late tonight!

Last edited:
After re-reading the comments, I changed to Output Type to LINE LEVEL, which automatically changed Output Level to -10dBV, after which I changed to + 4 dBu, and the volume level is back to what it was. Happy that it's the way it was before, but is that the correct way to set this up?
I tried this too. Afterwards on the "Meters" display on the FM3 under "Analog Out" 1L&1R are now the same level as 2L&2R.
But, in FM3 edit Output 2 is about 20db lower than Output 1.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I tried this too. Afterwards on the "Meters" display on the FM3 under "Analog Out" 1L&1R are now the same level as 2L&2R.
But, in FM3 edit Output 2 is about 20db lower than Output 1.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?
That's not what mine is doing. Output 1 on the FM3 is active and Output 2 is nothing - same on FM3 Edit, which is the way it was before.

Ok I've got something weird going on. Pardon me if its expected behavior or if its not cygnus related. I'm posting here since I've only noticed it since updating but I could be wrong. So I'm currently playing through headphones. Whenever I use the room parameters in the cab block and both the room level and room size are turned past 10 o clock, the note D or sometimes G can only be heard on the right headphone. The left will be either silent or I hear a buzzy crackling noise.

Its most evident if you have dual cabs panned left and right or you use the enhancer block, but it can be heard as well without those. So far i've found only either the D or G notes do this. Both open strings and on the fifth fret. I can play a g note on the fifth fret and hear it only on the right side, and as I bend it will shift over to the left.

If the cabs are centered, or its a single cab, it almost sounds like the note phases in and out. It also seems to be tied to the amp because it happens on the citrus a30 dirty and the JVM OD1 orange but not the jm45 jumped or the spawn nitrous 1 for example.

I suppose it could be guitar related, my other guitar is dissambled rn for pickup swap, will put back together tomorrow and see if it does it as well.

Last edited:
So, went from 4.03 to 4.05, so per forum did a sys Parm reset. Then soft reset 15 presets (amps in each channel). Now output 1 is clipping pretty bad.
I have always had output 1 all the way up on the FM3. I know I can turn it down, but did I miss something else I was suppose to do? Just checking before I lower output 1 knob. Most of my presets are tweaked Factory presets and also some AB Gold live.

Hard to say... Maybe you had Gain in the Global EQ's turned down before the reset. The reset will change that back to default, resulting in more level.

I would appreciate an explanation of what is the utility of this buffer size.

I know the importance of the buffer size in a DAW (for example when recording and monitoring inputs from a plugin or external audio device). But I don't understand what this adjustment makes in the FM3.

I will update the wiki with your reply, I suppose several users can ask for this question. (please confirm if this adjustment is also implemented in AXE-FX III)

It's sort of the same as the buffer in your DAW, but on the hardware side.

Manual:

"Set this to lower values for less latency with USB Audio, set to higher values if you are experiencing distorted audio. Stop USB audio streaming when changing this value so as to allow the buffer to reset properly. Streaming can be stopped by closing the application sending data to the Axe-Fx III or by disconnecting the USB cable."

You can view the buffer in Setup > Utilities > USB.

"This page meters the USB input and output FIFO buffers. Ideally these will be at around 50%. If the buffer overflows or underflows, USB Buffer Size should be increased. Remember that you need to quit all audio applications or remove and reconnect the USB cable to reset the buffer."

Fan is on for about a minute during startup for me during beta 5, hasnt been on for more than 2 seconds before.
I got a new FM 3 in march 2021 as my First headphone unit from december had an issue with the headphone out and the unit from march is engaging the fan at the bootup, too. It is normal 🙂 I first got the FM 3 without headphone out last Summer and the fan was not engaging, too.
So maybe it was a bug of my first two FM 3 units that the fan was not engaging during the bootup. @ FAS: Is the fan running during the bootup to prevent dust or anything for users in regions where the fan would never engage at all as the room temperature is always low?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom