FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is recommended that you "soft reset" each channel of the amp block in each of your presets by changing its Type to a different setting and then back (ex: Switch from Brit JM45 to Brit Brown and then back to Brit JM45) . This resets most parameters but doesn't change the basic gain and tone settings.

I'm finding that, both in FM3-Edit and/or with the FM3 front panel, doing a soft reset on the AMP block is resetting the Bass, Mid, and Treble to defaults when setting the "Authentic" setting in Settings->Global->Tone Control Display.

When setting "Ideal" in Settings->Global->Tone Control Display the BMT don't default/reset after doing a soft reset.

I notice Presence and Depth both reset to defaults with either Global setting; I'm thinking that those two controls didn't get set to defaults when doing a soft reset on previous firmwares...was that always the case? The info link on the soft reset doesn't specifically mention those two controls.

I think that we will be given time to look for problems! And then they will release the finished version! Thank you FAS!

Anyone having Out2 problems?

Using a new factory preset ....I have copy out 2 to 1 , ON......but no meter at all...no sound on Out2. Greyed out OUT2 button in preset leveller in FM3 edit as well.

If I add an out 2 block...i get meter and sound in Out2 ....and a normal button in FM3 edit.

Last edited:
I’m still on beta 3 and it sounds so friggin’ great through my studio monitors that I have only played a single preset for days now. I’ve been a Fractal user for 10 years and have never played so long without tweaking. Even a guitar I was thinking of selling sounds incredible through this firmware. Awesome job Fractal and thank you!

Been playing thru studio monitors and it sounds and feels amazing. Then I had an empty house for a while so I ran it into my Marshall cab, and ohhhmy. I have one preset I live on, and it comes in 4 flavors depending on what amp I want to base it on. BE100, SLO100, 5153 Blue, or PRS Archon. Everything is just a joy to play. I love this rig!

Attachments

• 4F916FB5-4E78-40E0-A41F-C07A3E98FB5F.jpeg
    4F916FB5-4E78-40E0-A41F-C07A3E98FB5F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • CD18E1B8-9C73-43C2-9DD7-BC47AA511072.jpeg
    CD18E1B8-9C73-43C2-9DD7-BC47AA511072.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Installed Beta5 right now... Installed actual FM3-Edit Beta...
On first try I couldn't switch OUT2 level or use Out2 GEQ via FM3 Edit.
No reaction and levels not shown.

On device itself working fine. Could adjust level of OUT and GEQ working.
Set on device - re-opened FM3 Edit and all is working now.
Seems that FM3-Edit Beta has little bug there but now it is working.

Out2 Setting now work via Fm3-Edit too and GEQ for Out2 now working as expected - that was the only issue I got with Beta3.
I have not resetted my System-Settings - may if do it this behaviour will not occur.

Cygnus and the actualized stock-presets sounds awsemone.
When FM3 arrive last year I tried DAS METAL Preset but was not convinced as a base of my own presets.
I built my own presets with other amps at this time.

Now with the actual verions I tried DAS METAL again as a base of my preset, removed some blocks I do not use and added my own stuff.
Actualy I stored it to number 1 👍

Last edited:

Using a new factory preset ....I have copy out 2 to 1 , ON......but no meter at all...no sound on Out2. Greyed out OUT2 button in preset leveller in FM3 edit as well.

If I add an out 2 block...i get meter and sound in Out2 ....and a normal button in FM3 edit.
Just tested Output 2 with Copy Output 1 enabled. I get sound and visual meters on the FM3 and in FM-Edit.

Been playing thru studio monitors and it sounds and feels amazing. Then I had an empty house for a while so I ran it into my Marshall cab, and ohhhmy. I have one preset I live on, and it comes in 4 flavors depending on what amp I want to base it on. BE100, SLO100, 5153 Blue, or PRS Archon. Everything is just a joy to play. I love this rig!
Really cool rig and the Powerstage 170 is a great poweramp. I use it, too and it is so reliable with a flexible and useful EQ. Great :)

I have sound from OUT 2 with Copy Out 2 = OUT 1.

Are you sure you're using the correct physical output (FX SEND)?

Also, with Copy Out 2 = OUT 1 Preset Leveling in the editor never indicates the OUT 2 level. Neither do the VU meters on the hardware. Always been like this.

But the analog meters in Home > Meters do register the OUT2 level.

I just want to say that Fractal's level of dedication to keep improving the existing products is without example. I have never been more satisfied with my money spent on gear than with my FM3. I also ordered the pedal just now.
Beta 5 works without any issues, thank you for all the efforts. I don't even know where else you could take the quality of the unit from here...
Have a great day.

I just want to say that Fractal's level of dedication to keep improving the existing products is without example. I have never been more satisfied with my money spent on gear than with my FM3. I also ordered the pedal just now.
Beta 5 works without any issues, thank you for all the efforts. I don't even know where else you could take the quality of the unit from here...
Have a great day.
I 100% agree with this. I love Fractal Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom