FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated from 3.02 to 4.0 beta 1 last night and to 4.0 beta 4 just now. I can hear a slight clicking/chirping noise from the fan but it's barely audible. Much quieter than the videos others have posted but it's constant. 16 minutes on with a preset at around 80% cpu and at 120 degrees Fahrenheit. I have one of the first batches from March 2020 with the non headphone jack if that is relevant at all.

Exported FC configuration, reset parameters, updated FW, imported FC configuration, set my parameters back to my preferred settings.

All is well here. Fan is not running unexpectedly, no chirping noises. But I never experienced any of these issues with the previous betas.

• Fixed: Aligned Pitch block “Type” names with Axe-Fx III.
Does this mean just names are in sync...or the block as well ????

Down loaded the latest beta and I still get the clicking sound in the box. It's like a switch rapidly turning on and off. When I reinstalled a beta 3 it goes away.

re downloaded 3.03 clicking sound in the box is gone. I was wondering if some component in my device is out of date with what is currently being installed like some sort of switch or something and the new firmware isn't playing nice with it. My serial number is FM3-20030758

My beta 4 is good so far (including system reset and battling to get the stand-in switch to work properly again :() . I did not hear the clicking noise before either (beta 3 or 2 that I went back to), but I did have intermittent fan before, that I don't have now on beta 4. 125F after just sitting idle for an hour.

Downloaded and installed FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 4. Reset System Parameters as instructed. Fan is still running at low RPM with temperature reading 107 degrees Fahrenheit at idle.

same here, fan is permanently running at low speed @ ~50°C
In beta 3 I had clicking noises when tap tempo was on a switch or I changed layout, in beta 4 not anymore

I read : "You may export then re-import your complete set of footswitch layouts using FM3-Edit."
I can't find how (there is no specific menu in FM3 Edit for ?) , somehone could tell me please ?

Many thanks

I read : "You may export then re-import your complete set of footswitch layouts using FM3-Edit."
I can't find how (there is no specific menu in FM3 Edit for ?) , somehone could tell me please ?

Many thanks
It's under Layouts. Don't forget though that we are still waiting for the new FM3 Edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom