FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exported ALL LAYOUTS, perform SYS RESET.
Reboot, fan on all the time, reload ALL LAYOUTS, Fan still on.
Now to manually add my parameters....aghhh

Just to add my experience, I loaded up the new Beta and also still got the "chirping" sound (I guess that's what we're calling it :) ). I first got that in Beta 3 (all versions of it) and am hearing the same sound here. It starts immediately when booting up and doesn't seem to stop. I did the system reset and the amps of course sound great!

I'll probably go back to Beta 2 for the "chirpless" experience but I am absolutely loving Cygnus and the new features and can't thank the dev team enough for all the work their putting into this and the speed at which we're seeing these Betas turn around. It's incredible!

I have never had the chirp thing here....my stand in switch dual moskey is now not working even though it is configured the same (via pictures)
Layout import seems to be correct.....

Just to add my experience, I loaded up the new Beta and also still got the "chirping" sound (I guess that's what we're calling it :) ). I first got that in Beta 3 (all versions of it) and am hearing the same sound here. It starts immediately when booting up and doesn't seem to stop. I did the system reset and the amps of course sound great!

I'll probably go back to Beta 2 for the "chirpless" experience but I am absolutely loving Cygnus and the new features and can't thank the dev team enough for all the work their putting into this and the speed at which we're seeing these Betas turn around. It's incredible!
Same issue here unfortunately. Beta2 does not have this issue for me.

I predict this thread will be loaded with confusion soon:

1. Issues from guys who did NOT "reset system parameters" as instructed and required
2. Guys who DID reset system parameters, but now have new issues as a result (depending on whatever they changed in the past that has now been "reset".

It might be hard to read this and separate real bugs from this stuff... proceed with caution

Maybe the ones experiencing the chirping is NOW an hardware issue caused by the previous Beta’s???

Maybe the ones experiencing the chirping is NOW an hardware issue caused by the previous Beta’s???
In my case, with Fan always on on beta 3, downgrading to beta 2 resolved the issue. So it was hopefully not a permanent damage.
(I've not tried the beta4 yet)

Uploaded beta 4 and so far the fan has not kicked in except very briefly when I first turned the FM3 on after the update.

I did notice however that I hadn't updated the drivers to the latest build from July 2020. :mad:

I really don't think so, some have downgraded and the chirping goes away. Initially I didn't think the noise was coming from the fan itself, but that actually seems to be what's happening. The fan spins up to what I guess is full speed when the FM3 first boots and sounds normal. But then it appears to continue running at a much lower RPM and the chirping starts. Maybe a particular batch of fans used in some FM3s are just noisier than others when running at certain RPMs. I hope there's a fix because it's quite annoying. It's loud enough to be easily heard 15 - 20 feet away.

I really don't think so, some have downgraded and the chirping goes away. Initially I didn't think the noise was coming from the fan itself, but that actually seems to be what's happening. The fan spins up to what I guess is full speed when the FM3 first boots and sounds normal. But then it appears to continue running at a much lower RPM and the chirping starts. Maybe a particular batch of fans used in some FM3s are just noisier than others when running at certain RPMs. I hope there's a fix because it's quite annoying. It's loud enough to be easily heard 15 - 20 feet away.
I think it would be good to post a video of this to help the developers understand the issue and check everyone is reporting the same issue.

For me I had on/OFF FAN issues on BETA 2 and LCD issue (went blank sometimes). Then loading BETA 3 (the last link provided, not original one) the Fans issue disappeared and no issue anymore on LCD.
Did backup of the all FM3 and layout backup , then reset system parameters before loading BETA 4.
No issue so far, No Fan issues, and sound killer, like it was on BETA 3

We can't reproduce this in house with this beta but we will continue to look into this.
I never had it happen yet even on beta 3 and I’m in the same space so figured I’d say something. I don’t get the chirping though it sounds like a normal running fan so I’ll just stay on the beta anyway. Shouldn’t be hurting anything 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom