FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 3

4.0 B3 on a very new FM3 and all good. Scribbles all working normally now, no fan issues (yet?) and no budgerigars noises from the unit that I've heard. It sounded awesome in the last rehearsal.

4.0b here and digging it with no issues, think I'll just go from here to official release since I am loving this version

I tried a soft reset with a few amps for both the 'Default Amp block to "Ideal" upon initial view' on or off.
In both cases after the reset the amp main settings returned to noon, not to what was there before the soft reset.
Am I missing something or is this broken in 4.b3?

I tried a soft reset with a few amps for both the 'Default Amp block to "Ideal" upon initial view' on or off.
In both cases after the reset the amp main settings returned to noon, not to what was there before the soft reset.
Am I missing something or is this broken in 4.b3?
If you are talking about having the Tone Control Display in the Global Settings being set to Ideal or Authentic, Ideal is working as expected. Amp controls do not reset to 5.0 with 4.b3 on my unit.

Reactions: Vio
For all the people confused this happened.
Beta 3 was posted in first post.
Quick fix was posted on page 2 and updated in main post.
Quick fix was also broken or possibly worse.
Link was removed from main post, but accidentally left on page 2, but was intended to be removed.
People kept linking the link from page 2 until a moderator finally scrubbed the thread.

Sit tight, a proper fix is coming.

Thanks for those details! I downloaded beta 3 last night and had the 'hard drive clicking sound' on it so downgraded to beta 2. It looks like they scrubbed the build that was up for beta3 but if you take that same link and replace beta3 with beta2, you can still download beta 2, FYI for anyone stuck on beta 3. Beta 2 has had no issues that I can tell for me..

One question I have though is - everyone talks about the 'new tones', maybe I am still just too new to electric guitar and Fractal - but things sound the same to me, lol, or am I missing something or need to do something? I pretty much use stock presets or ones downloaded from the axe-exchange and only tweak output levels, tbh. Just curious to experience this awesome new tone - or at least how to tell the difference :0

If you are talking about having the Tone Control Display in the Global Settings being set to Ideal or Authentic, Ideal is working as expected. Amp controls do not reset to 5.0 with 4.b3 on my unit.
Thanks Mott! I was confusing the Tone control in Global setting in the device with the FM3 Preference Options. I've set it once and forgot about it. Installing new firmware I guess resets it to Authentic.

Back
Top Bottom