FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 3

Okay, first time the fan is coming on intermittently, after about one hour of just sitting there. 125F.

I know the importance of buffer size in DAWs if you want to monitor the audio you are recording, but I don't know what is the purpose of changing the Buffer Size in FM3.
What I am missing?

Unfortunately I still have out 2 issues when copying out 1. When copy out 1 is selected the out 2 output level changes to a choice between +4/-10. Shouldn't this still be a boost/pad selection on out 2 (which is present when out 1 copy is not selected)? The result is lower output for out 2 as with the previous betas.

Interestingly I now have fan noise as well which I've never heard before in any other firmware (beta included).

Edited to add I've reset parameters and reloaded 3.02 to test I wasn't crazy and it functioned correctly.

Unfortunately I still have out 2 issues when copying out 1. When copy out 1 is selected the out 2 output level changes to a choice between +4/-10. Shouldn't this still be a boost/pad selection on out 2 (which is present when out 1 copy is not selected)? The result is lower output for out 2 as with the previous betas.

Interestingly I now have fan noise as well which I've never heard before in any other firmware (beta included).

Edited to add I've reset parameters and reloaded 3.02 to test I wasn't crazy and it functioned correctly.
The switch between Boost/Pad and Output Level based on the Copy Output1 selection is by design to match Output1. We are looking into the lower output issue.

Whatever adjustment to the code to control the fan that was made looks like it actually made the problem more prevalent. I am now having the same issue with the fan constantly running. This is the first time I am experiencing this.

My fan seems to be running continuously after power up.

My thermostat is set to 68 degrees and the FM3 is showing between 107-111 degrees farenheight at idle.

Another fan speed observation. I experienced the fan coming on randomly with FW 4.00 b1 and b2, but with b3 I noticed something different. Following the upgrade to b3 I heard what I sounds like the fan running at a low speed, but rather than a smooth sound it almost sounded like it was chirping. Similar to a hard drive going bad, or something spinning that was out of balance. The sound stayed that way the entire time the unit was on. Anyway I reverted to b2 and the sound went back to normal, which is to say quiet.

Thanks for Cygnus though; it sounds fantastic, but then again you already knew that.

Another fan speed observation. I experienced the fan coming on randomly with FW 4.00 b1 and b2, but with b3 I noticed something different. Following the upgrade to b3 I heard what I sounds like the fan running at a low speed, but rather than a smooth sound it almost sounded like it was chirping. Similar to a hard drive going bad, or something spinning that was out of balance. The sound stayed that way the entire time the unit was on. Anyway I reverted to b2 and the sound went back to normal, which is to say quiet.

Thanks for Cygnus though; it sounds fantastic, but then again you already knew that.
I had the exact same thought. It sounded like when a cable loosens over time and starts hitting a fan. I was tempted to open it up and look, but chickened out :) Maybe after I get a few beers deep tonight my courage will improve!

I am getting this as well. Same type of noise you describe.

And yes, overall it sounds fantastic!

I have updated the 4.00 beta 3 build with a fix for the fan coming on unexpectedly. Please re-download and reapply the update. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I just loaded this new one @BryantP , again I am on new ADMIN's new CYG presets only. Fan starts on power on...remains on.....

Did you click “refresh after firmware yet” idk if that would do the trick as I’ve never experienced the fan issue but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom