FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

Hi guys,

Lovin' beta 2 at the moment. I think I might have stumbled on a small bug in beta 2 using a stand in switch. I'm just checking in case it's a setting I've missed. I have the FM3 setup with the FC6 and I'm using the OMG9 layouts. I've connected a Mosky footswitch to the FC6's switch jack 1/2 using a TRS cable. It all works great! I have the scene revert on and scene 1 is selected as my default scene when a preset loads up.

When the FM3 boots up on whichever preset I last used scene 1 is showing as selected for a brief second then it suddenly changes to scene 8 automatically. My stand in switch has it's own layout and that's just being used to select scenes 7 or 8 on each foot switch. As soon as I switch it to scene 1 or any other scene is behaves normally again so it's just on boot up of the FM3. If I select the stand in switch to not do anything the FM3 boots up on scene 1 like normal.

It's gotta be the stand in switch right? I've tried a different TRS cable and it still behaves the same.

Can you guys recreate this as all? Is it a setting I've missed in the setup menu? Or is a bug do you think? It only happens when the FM3 boots up.

I can post my systems file later when I get in from work if that helps.

Many thanks

Paul

Can you guys recreate this as all? Is it a setting I've missed in the setup menu? Or is a bug do you think? It only happens when the FM3 boots up.
Please upload your "System + FC" and an example preset backup from Fractal-Bot that demonstrates the error condition (i.e. with the stand-in switch selected). We'll take a look as soon as we can.

Please upload your "System + FC" and an example preset backup from Fractal-Bot that demonstrates the error condition (i.e. with the stand-in switch selected). We'll take a look as soon as we can.
Thanks Bryant, Appreciate it! As soon as I get in from work tonight I'll upload my system and FC file.

Cheers

Paul

How are people finding CPU usage vs v3.02? Ive got a preset at 82% in v3.02 and dont want to trial the beta if it makes that unplayable. Cheers.

You may disregard my request. I was able to easily reproduce this. I have put it on the list. Thanks for finding and reporting this!

Thanks for confirming Bryant. No worries at all. I thought I was going crazy lol

I did have another one I might have found as well. This one is to do with the delay block when exporting a preset from the Axe III and importing it to the FM3. I'm not sure if it's all the delays in there but it happens for me on the vintage digital delay type. If I set a delay time of say 420ms save the preset etc and then export it using Axe Edit and then import to FM3 Edit the delay time doesn't save at 420ms but at 211ms.

If I export from the FM3 and then import the same preset to the axe III the delay time saves correctly.

Just saw beta 3 I'm downloading and installing right now!

@BryantP @rglr

Found a weird ticking sound coming from the FM3 itself on 4.02b (didn't download 4.03b before it was removed). Link to video below.

Basically, if you listen close you'll hear a small clicking/ticking sound that comes from inside the FM3 in the video when I make a View change using the Mosky external switch. However, anytime the 'Tap Tempo' is displayed, the clicking/ticking is continuous - that's what you hear at the end when I move the camera closer to the FM3.... this isn't coming from headphones or cab, as I unplugged everything except the power cord and this clicking/ticking persisted. So, this is coming from inside the FM3. This happens on multiple layouts and presets

I reverted back to 4.01b, and this problem went away....

Video below and preset attached.

Side note - Before I updated to 4.02b, I was on 4.01b, and the mini-display on switch 3 was blank. That's why I tried updating to 4.02b to see if it fixed itself (it did), but that's when I heard the ticking... Reverted back to 4.01b. Surprisingly, now the mini-display issue is fixed even though I'm back on 4.01b.

Attachments

• 019_Test JCM 800.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@BryantP @rglr

Found a weird ticking sound coming from the FM3 itself on 4.02b (didn't download 4.03b before it was removed). Link to video below.

Basically, if you listen close you'll hear a small clicking/ticking sound that comes from inside the FM3 in the video when I make a View change using the Mosky external switch. However, anytime the 'Tap Tempo' is displayed, the clicking/ticking is continuous - that's what you hear at the end when I move the camera closer to the FM3.... this isn't coming from headphones or cab, as I unplugged everything except the power cord and this clicking/ticking persisted. So, this is coming from inside the FM3.

Side note - Before I updated to 4.02b, I was on 4.01b, and the mini-display on switch 3 was blank. That's why I tried updating to 4.02b to see if it fixed itself (it did), but that's when I heard the ticking... Reverted back to 4.01b. Surprisingly, now the mini-display issue is fixed even though I'm back on 4.01b.

The only moving part on FM3 is the fan. That's what you hear. Use flashlight and shine the light on the bottom of he unit exhaust grill to see if the noise corresponds with the fan spinning.

@BryantP @rglr

Basically, if you listen close you'll hear a small clicking/ticking sound that comes from inside the FM3 in the video when I make a View change using the Mosky external switch. However, anytime the 'Tap Tempo' is displayed, the clicking/ticking is continuous - that's what you hear at the end when I move the camera closer to the FM3.... this isn't coming from headphones or cab, as I unplugged everything except the power cord and this clicking/ticking persisted. So, this is coming from inside the FM3.

That's the problem i post on the ISSUE POST.

Is the TAP TEMPO , when it is enabled on one of the footswitch , the tickle sound begin.

I don't know if it's related, but I also noticed an audible click any time I did something that caused one of the foot switch LED rings to come on (changing scenes, presets etc). I don't know if that's new with this beta though and it's not very loud. I only noticed it because I was sitting on the floor right next to my FM3 doing some editing, I'm not sure I would have heard it if I had been standing.
Yes, correct. I don't know if it's related to tap tempo.
I could confirm that everytime LED changes state, I could hear noise.

The only moving part on FM3 is the fan. That's what you hear. Use flashlight and shine the light on the bottom of he unit exhaust grill to see if the noise corresponds with the fan spinning.
Is this the sound others are hearing related to the fan on 4.03b?

I experienced random fan spinning (even at 53-55 C) only with 4.00b2.

After upgrading to b3 fan is dead quiet as usual. Rolled back to b2 and fan spinned randomly. Upgraded again to b3 and the issue is gone.

Thanks Bryant, Appreciate it! As soon as I get in from work tonight I'll upload my system and FC file.

Cheers

Paul
Hey Paul, when I thought I could reproduce this one before I was wrong (it was a misconfiguration on my part). Could you please upload your "System + FC" and example preset after all if you get the chance. Thank you!

Hey Paul, when I thought I could reproduce this one before I was wrong (it was a misconfiguration on my part). Could you please upload your "System + FC" and example preset after all if you get the chance. Thank you!

Hi Bryant,

Sure no worries at all. This is a backup from a couple of days ago so not my very recent backup. I've got a rehearsal tomorrow night so everything is pack up at the moment. I've not changed any system settings or anything like that. I'm on beta 3 and haven't had any issues with the fan etc. Managed to put together a really good Where The Streets Have No Name preset over the weekend. Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow!

I did have another issue I might have found. I'm not sure if this is FM3 related but I thought it was worth mentioning. It's when importing a preset that has been saved on the axe III. The delay block doesn't seem to save delay times on the vintage digital type correctly. I had a delay time of 420 ms saved and imported it to the FM3 and the delay time imported as 211ms. If I import the other way round FM3 to the Axe the delay times import correctly. Not sure if this is all the delay types in the block I just noticed that one.

Thanks for taking a look

Paul

Attachments

• FM3-210606-141409-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom