FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

Just had a free afternoon today and decided to toy around with the FM3... since I have the AFX III and I'm nowhere near to having a chance to play live I left it with FW 3.01b, so it was a nice opportunity to do a sort of staggered update to check out the changes to the modeling, and while I'm happy to say it's been stellar, felt the need to chime in with an observation.

It's just that I find funny that some of the bugs people are reporting here just hit me in a sort of backwards fashion... When I updated to 3.03b and rebooted the unit, the dreaded blacked left LCD screen was right there, while in some other cases people reported appearing AFTER a while. Then, updated to 4.02b and BAM there it was again right from the start, LOL.

Then, the fan thing... it's been almost 2 hours with 4.02b and the thing is dead quiet, in fact, it started running for about 3-4 seconds while I was writing the last paragraph and that's all...

I'm going back to 3.03b just because I forgot to keep an eye on CPU % to check for differences between Ares and Cygnus. Overall, despite the things I noticed, I'm happy to say it's rocking soooo good. I'm eager to see if the guys are successful in the future porting the overhauled Pitch block from the Axe-FX III, because that would be the icing on the cake, for sure.

see if the switch on the back of the pedal is in the far left position?
If this is not the case, then it is not surprising, the resistance of the potentiometer will be less than 10 koms and you will get 50% of the stroke. I myself use such an expression pedal and this toggle switch very often switches during transportation.
thanks. that worked :)

Is there a new USB driver available for Windows machines, that should be used with this 4 beta 2 release of FM3 firmware?
The download site only indicates Audio driver version 4.86 Serial Driver 1.1 from July 2020. No new drivers included in the beta version except FM3 Edit 1.04.01.

Sean Meredith-Jones

I'm having a problem with 4.00 beta 1 acting sluggish when changing scenes. Has this been reported?

It doesn't do it all the time (of course). Mostly I would see it when on the Swells scene trying to change back to the Clean scene. Sometimes it takes a dozen presses of the footswitch to make it change.
Having to press the button multiple times doesn't sound like "slow"...

What's your CPU usage?

I've also tested adjusting the contrast, no glitching here. I had my unit on for 12 hours yesterday and the bugger didn't exhibit any symptoms. Just the opposite of the previous day, very frustrating. There doesn't seem to be a consistent trigger.
Hi brianv4, What menu you use to adjust the Mini-Displays Contrasts values. Thx for your answer

@rglr @BryantP @Admin M@

After performing a System Reset (My left mini-display was blackened right after updating today to FW3.03b and then to 4.00 Beta 2) I can reproduce the left mini-display going blank whenever I adjust the Mini-Displays Contrasts values (I like mine at 66%). Just changing the value causes glitches in the mini-display...

Hope it helps.
I think you are on to something. I reset system parameters, mini display contrast defaults to 45 and works great. As soon as I change that value to something else it goes wonky. If I reboot at 45% it comes back to normal. If I reboot at any other value it doesn't. Scrolling (especially slowly) the contrast from min to max to min etc really messes with that left display and will cause it to blank out. @rglr @BryantP @Admin M@

@AJ Vargas as a test, set your contrast to 45%, reboot and I'll bet that left display is on.

Last edited:
I think you are on to something. I reset system parameters, mini display contrast defaults to 45 and works great. As soon as I change that value to something else it goes wonky. If I reboot at 45% it comes back to normal. If I reboot at any other value it doesn't. Scrolling (especially slowly) the contrast from min to max really messes with that left display and will cause it to blank out. @rglr @BryantP @Admin M@

@AJ Vargas as a test, set your contrast to 45%, reboot and I'll bet that left display is on.
If that's really true, that sounds like a fun bug to track down :)

Still having the occasional mini screen issues, sometimes it’s not refreshing the display leaving artifacts , and sometimes the contrast will be so that the text is not readable, just like a faint ghosted image. These issues are completely random but occur mainly where I have changed from a high scene 7 or 8 straight to a low scene 1 or 2.

Attachments

• 9BE61662-0502-4F62-AF26-728A64DF402D.png
    9BE61662-0502-4F62-AF26-728A64DF402D.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
I think you are on to something. I reset system parameters, mini display contrast defaults to 45 and works great. As soon as I change that value to something else it goes wonky. If I reboot at 45% it comes back to normal. If I reboot at any other value it doesn't. Scrolling (especially slowly) the contrast from min to max really messes with that left display and will cause it to blank out. @rglr @BryantP @Admin M@

Still having the occasional mini screen issues, sometimes it’s not refreshing the display leaving artifacts , and sometimes the contrast will be so that the text is not readable, just like a faint ghosted image. These issues are completely random but occur mainly where I have changed from a high scene 7 or 8 straight to a low scene 1 or 2.
These mini-LCD issues should finally be resolved in the next release as I was finally able to reproduce some of the problems seen by you all. Still undergoing testing but initial feedback looks quite promising.

These mini-LCD issues should finally be resolved in the next release as I was finally able to reproduce some of the problems seen by you all. Still undergoing testing but initial feedback looks quite promising.
Good news indeed! Soon? :tearsofjoy:

Back
Top Bottom