FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

I've restored my settings after trying @jorkikt 's technique. As I said above, mini LCD #1 went blank before reloading my layouts. Then it came on and #3 went blank. These intermittent problems can be a bitch to figure out.

I will add, I've used it all weekend at gigs with no issues. LCD's worked fine. Once I connect a laptop or my desktop using the editor, it starts going wonky again. Both are Mac's running 11.3.1.

Fan issue starts once internal temp reaches aprox 130F. Roughly 1 minute on, 1 minute off without touching anything (and disconnected from a computer). Wish I could offer more.

Just installed beta 2. Same issue with the left foowswitch screen, it shows a rectangle, nothing fixes it
Rebooting doesn't help? I'm in the thick of things now, gigging a lot. Sure is frustrating this machine still isn't working properly

Rebooting doesn't help? I'm in the thick of things now, gigging a lot. Sure is frustrating this machine still isn't working properly
No, it doesn't. I tried the system settings reset as well, but it did nothing also. I'm a bedroom guitar player during this pandemic, but this is starting to annoy me :sweatsmile:

I tried this, it doesn't work. Painstakingly went thru your steps as outlined. #1 mini LCD went blank before I could even load my layouts back in
Sad to hear that :(
As I said, I had a lot of problems with blank mini LCDs and also with frozen footswitches, and since I do Reset System Parameters, everything goes fine.
I don't have problems with fan, so I feel this beta2 like a stable version.
Hope FAS team fix these bugs soon.

Hi Chris, really sorry to hear that.
You are very helpfull everytime people ask for help.
Thanks for support you gave to me. I really appreciate it
Apologies for the thread derail : are you the Alu from Guitar Amp Modeling ?

My FM3 froze for the first time today. The display was showing only the shunts between the blocks with the blocks missing. FM3Edit frozen as well.
Rebooting made it alive again but if it happened it will happen again.
Is there a core dump saved somewhere that I can send you whenever this happens again?

NOTE: I am adding emphasis that this is a BETA RELEASE which means it may contain bugs.
Yes, and part of the reason, why it's a beta is the fact, that they make the community find them and report. Some may be known already to Fractal, some may be tricky and hidden (like the Fan activity).

Is it just me or does the Cygnus Beta for FM3 have the same kind of "fuzziness" in the Friedman HBE models as was the case in the Cygnus Betas for the Axe Fx III? I'm not gelling with the updated tones from the Friedman HBE C45 (my main amp in Ares) despite spending hours trying to get it to sound tight and articulate in the low end. I went through the forum posts on the Cygnus betas for the Axe Fx III and there was a lot of discussion about the HBE modelling being a bit "off" and the low end sounding very fuzzy and unclear. I don't know whether this was resolved in the full Cygnus release or not but the FM3 Cygnus beta seems to be doing something similar to the HBE models.

Is it just me or does the Cygnus Beta for FM3 have the same kind of "fuzziness" in the Friedman HBE models as was the case in the Cygnus Betas for the Axe Fx III? I'm not gelling with the updated tones from the Friedman HBE C45 (my main amp in Ares) despite spending hours trying to get it to sound tight and articulate in the low end. I went through the forum posts on the Cygnus betas for the Axe Fx III and there was a lot of discussion about the HBE modelling being a bit "off" and the low end sounding very fuzzy and unclear. I don't know whether this was resolved in the full Cygnus release or not but the FM3 Cygnus beta seems to be doing something similar to the HBE models.
I guess, that the AMPs are correctly modelled, it's just that you got more used to the Ares sound than real amp. Maybe try another amp model instead, a Savage would do it. 😉

Yeah I might just have to do that. I'm digging the SLO-100 right now even though it sounds nothing like the HBE I adore so much!
Or maybe a simple fix: go to the ideal page and activate the "Cut" control. This makes the low end a lot tighter. I'm using that on the Energyball model with passive pickups instead of an overdrive.

Or maybe a simple fix: go to the ideal page and activate the "Cut" control. This makes the low end a lot tighter. I'm using that on the Energyball model with passive pickups instead of an overdrive.
Thinking about messing with the low cut on the Input EQ. A few posts on a AFIII Cygnus beta thread mentioned the low cut values on the input EQ being drastically different from Ares.

I think I found another bug. Switching scenes via midi I'm using CC#31, the fm3 will ignore some randomly. Example: scenes 1-3 on the FM3 scenes 4-5 on a midi controller; on first attempt cycling up all the channels works. On second attempt trying to go 2,5,3,4. It failed to go to 5 but did allow 4. Restarted FM3

Did a similar test, this time it would allow 5 but not 4 unless I was already in 5. Midi controller being used was a Boss sy1000

Got 2 freezes today after crank up Out2 knob.
But may there was an interference using a small wireless signal guitar device at this time.
Wanted to test speaker volume outside my room outside the house.

regarding the mini lcd's going blank, had the unit on for 4 hours connected to edit. pushing switches, changing scenes and presets. not a single issue. same with the fan, hasn't come on at all. I've been monitoring the internal temp in utilities and have noticed this; no issues when it reads aprox 120F but once it reads aprox 130F things start acting up.

Last edited:
I just updated to 4.02b.
Works great. I backed up presets but so far I haven't need to reload them.

It definitely feels waaaaay more organic. Just more pleasing to listen to. I feel more connected to the amp.

I had almost forgot what playing through a real tube amp feels like but this new update has brought it all back.

Back
Top Bottom