FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

I ran into a new issue today (apologies if it’s been brought up). While playing, I noticed my delay wasn’t engaging. I ended up checking through the layout on the FM3 screen and noticed I couldn’t see what block was what. I was able to hit the bypass and engage it. I’m not sure yet if a reboot would have resolved the issue (I wasn’t in a place I could try), but I’ve attached a screen shot…View attachment 84055
Not a bug. Press either the left arrow or page button (I can never remember until I'm actually doing it) to show block names.

I ran into a new issue today (apologies if it’s been brought up). While playing, I noticed my delay wasn’t engaging. I ended up checking through the layout on the FM3 screen and noticed I couldn’t see what block was what. I was able to hit the bypass and engage it. I’m not sure yet if a reboot would have resolved the issue (I wasn’t in a place I could try), but I’ve attached a screen shot…View attachment 84055
You've paged over to the Meters view... Hit the page left button.

In my 70 degree (F) basement, my temp hovers around 115 after two hours of play. I haven't know of excessive fan noise yet. Today, I plan on playing for 4 hours of so and will report back.

Had a roughly 3 hour gig last night with Beta 2, no issues whatsoever (other than a faulty XLR cable that scared the bejeezus out of me as I thought the unit was blowing up!) Had the strange scribble strip issue with the last Ares Beta and then 4.0 Beta 1, but they’re fine now. Sounded great.

Would help if those who have some of the seemingly random issues with the Beta 2 update
to reload the firmware. Seems like some of the issues with scribble strips, random fan cycling,
and Out 2 are kind of hit or miss. Just wondering.

If reverting back to 3.02 do I need to use fraction and reset the amp blocks?
If you already reset and saved presets under a later Firmware you will need to restore presets from a backup.

Restored presets will have the saved (aka, old) settings so no reset required.

If you didn't save presets there's nothing to reset.

So I decided to stay on the beta firmware but I have noticed that on my 1st Scribble strip on the left that sometimes when switching between scenes the texts gets glitchy and jumbled. As soon as I hit the button again it goes away. Not sure why it’s doing this or if it’s a bug.. happens on 4.00 beta 1 and beta 2

Hi Y'all, Afther upgrade to 4.02 can you still restore a saved preset made in 3.02....and will that restored preset than stay "ares" or will it be transferred to "cygnus"? Thx for your answer(s)

It seems that output EQ options do not work if you use the "copy out 1 to out 2" feature. I could see that setting the output EQ to graphic or parametric the sliders did nothing in FM3-Edit. When I set the grid output to OUT 2 it started working.

Today second freeze short after booting up FM3 and switching Scenes via MIDI
1st freeze was during use of the FM3 footswitches.
Re-Updates Firmware and check if occuring again.

Issue with Out2 EQ not working when set to copy Out1 too.
(need this because using both Outputs with different Speakers (Monitor and Cabs with fullrange speakers))

I just recognized that changing the layout produces short fan noise. Switching to Layout 9 (Utilities) the noise is even permanent.
To be honest I am not sure if it is the fan, it sounds more like a broken harddisk but I suppose the fan is the only part able to produve noise inside the FM3.

Version 4.00 beta1 is not doing these noises.
The problem is when the TAP TEMPO is configured on one of the three buttons or you show the UTILITIES layout (that has the tap tempo on one button) , i have in my EFFECT layout and the noise is so annoying .
Going back on the 4.00 beta 1 and the noise disappeared.

@Admin M@ ?

Hi Y'all, Afther upgrade to 4.02 can you still restore a saved preset made in 3.02....and will that restored preset than stay "ares" or will it be transferred to "cygnus"? Thx for your answer(s)
Cygnus is the way the signal is processed, so every patch will be Cygnus.
The preset is a set of parameter. A preset made for ares could differ from a cygnus one both in parameter and value: if you search in the release note you will find new or removed parameter references. Moreover, same value of a parameter may have a different impact in different firmware, so auditioning your preset to adjust the sound to your taste, and save them.

Back
Top Bottom