FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

My unit is working now for 3 hours.

Temperature: 120ºF / 50ºC

The fan is in silence, I haven't heard nothing

Anybody knows if this temperature is good or too high??

Yes, it's a little bit missunderstanding the words used in the editor, but target amp1 means the level of the amp and amp2 means the level of the cab.

You can try it if you want. Use target amp1 and you will see that the display of FC6 shows the level of the amp, and if you put target amp2 it shows the level of the cab.

The problem is that the cab doesn't increase/decrease volume, and FC-6 don't read the correct level of the cab.

I was using a lot both functions with 3.01, the first firmware I had when I received the FM3. But when I had all my presets with correct volumes, I remove the footswitch.
This sounds like a mistake. Amp2 should not control Cab at all. Probably ported from the Axe3 where there are 2 amp blocks. That explains why the FC isn’t displaying the correct data.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a little bit missunderstanding the words used in the editor, but target amp1 means the level of the amp and amp2 means the level of the cab.
No, it refers to Amp 1 block and Amp 2 block... Except the FM3 doesn't have 2 Amp blocks. But the Axe Fx III does.

I have the same problem. I'll look into adding import/export from the scale manager in FM3 Edit.
I hope that we can someday add a custom shifter with local instead of global scales.
Depends on if users often use the same scale for different patches or not. I can imagine @simeon is a big favorite of the global scales

This sounds like a mistake. Amp2 should not control Cab at all. Probably ported from the Axe3 where there are 2 amp blocks. That explains why the FC isn’t displaying the correct data.

No, it refers to Amp 1 block and Amp 2 block... Except the FM3 doesn't have 2 Amp blocks. But the Axe Fx III does.

I can not fight against 2 big and great legends as you are!!!! :)

But I will resist in my position until a good samaritan from FAS team confirm if I am right or I am wrong.

PS: If I am wrong, I will go to doctor urgently... as I said, I remember to change volume of amp and cab blocks using these functions a few months ago.

The "under the hood" settings are still stored in the saved preset ;)

Check this thread to be far less clueless:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ed-to-know-about-reset-an-amp-iii-fm3.173317/
I had read that before.
And at the end, when the rhetorical question is asked if you should reset or not...the answer given is "do nothing" unless the release notes specifically say so.

Heh-heh... it's like trying to keep up with the CDC "recommendations" 😆

Anyway, I had hoped restoring a backup to an empty preset slot would do the trick.
Looks like that's not the case.

So it will be a process of going through every deep dive parameter I've made when new firmware comes out I suppose.

I'd really rather be playing guitar than hunting down and tweaking everything all over again.

P.S.: This thing sounds great!

FM3 Edit saves the Controller in the block library inside a folder called "unnamed". I don't know if it's a bug, or if it has been always like this.

I have checked the rest of blocks, and all them are saved inside a folder with a correct name.

Here is the screenshot:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-29 a les 7.49.19.png

I am using the last editor version, and macos 10.14.6

I'd really rather be playing guitar than hunting down and tweaking everything all over again.
Best bet is to leave the advanced parameters alone. Very few are needed these days, in my opinion...

But it's the double-edged sword of updates. You can opt not to do it, but then you lose out on the benefits :)

I can not fight against 2 big and great legends as you are!!!! :)

But I will resist in my position until a good samaritan from FAS team confirm if I am right or I am wrong.

PS: If I am wrong, I will go to doctor urgently... as I said, I remember to change volume of amp and cab blocks using these functions a few months ago.
4D5218A9-8076-4DD3-B127-D1EE2205C584.jpeg

I just recognized that changing the layout produces short fan noise. Switching to Layout 9 (Utilities) the noise is even permanent.
To be honest I am not sure if it is the fan, it sounds more like a broken harddisk but I suppose the fan is the only part able to produve noise inside the FM3.

Version 4.00 beta1 is not doing these noises.

Sorry guys but i did not understand if with this update it is necessary to perform soft reset of amp block.. I did with beta 4.1

Updated this afternoon, played a gig tonight. 1 of the scribble strips (right-most) disappeared during the 2nd set. Everything else functioned just fine.

How is it possible that you believe the manual and not to me?? :D

Seriously, I am pretty sure that target amp block 2 change volume of the cab in FM3. I have used this function before.

There is no amp2 in FM3, so the paragraph you highlight is a non-sense explanation of the manual.

I keep resisting in my weak position, against the pressure of big great legends and manual explanations, till a FAS samaritan arrives....;)

How is it possible that you believe the manual and not to me?? :D

Seriously, I am pretty sure that target amp block 2 change volume of the cab in FM3. I have used this function before.

There is no amp2 in FM3, so the paragraph you highlight is a non-sense explanation of the manual.

I keep resisting in my weak position, against the pressure of big great legends and manual explanations, till a FAS samaritan arrives....;)
Amp2 would come after Amp1 in the Axe3. There is no Amp2 in the FM3. The next block is Cab1. That’s why this “amp 2 volume” control is affecting Cab1. It should not be happening.

I also still have a mini-display, the leftmost one, going blank with beta 2.

But more importantly, whenever I switch FC layout I can now hear a click sound (like a relay) coming from the unit, and whenever the tap tempo is assigned to one of the switches, this click happens continuously (faster than the tempo).
After noticing that, I did a system parameters reset, reinstalled, re-reset, still occuring.
Rolled back to beta 1 and the clicking is gone.

Amp2 would come after Amp1 in the Axe3. There is no Amp2 in the FM3. The next block is Cab1. That’s why this “amp 2 volume” control is affecting Cab1. It should not be happening.
Why not? It's not a bad thing to control the cab level.

My unit is working now for 3 hours.

Temperature: 120ºF / 50ºC

The fan is in silence, I haven't heard nothing

Anybody knows if this temperature is good or too high??

Still running 4.0.0 beta 1 and mine is around 47/48°C after an hour ...
So, not that much of a difference imho. Which temperature is "normal"?

Back
Top Bottom