FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

Anyone noticing the fan kicking on more frequently on the FM3? Prior to this update I would only hear it during initial power on. No big deal.. Just wondering if something was changed to ratchet up the processing power utilized at any given moment thus leading to more heat and more proactive cooling.. I pretty much use the same preset all the time so nothing new on my end.
You're the 3rd one I've noticed in this thread.

I must have been having the out 2 volume issues in the previous beta and not noticed it. Because I just installed this update, grabbed my bass which was already plugged in, thumped the E-string and got pushed back about 6 feet by my speakers. :D

Sounds good but I guess you do not use custom pitch settings, it's a lot of work to reparameter 10 custom pitchsettings each and every FW update...
I have the same problem. I'll look into adding import/export from the scale manager in FM3 Edit.
I hope that we might someday add a custom shifter with local instead of global scales.

Last edited:
Sounds good but I guess you do not use custom pitch settings, it's a lot of work to reparameter 10 custom pitchsettings each and every FW update...

Obviously, the process of setting the parameters manually can be faster or slower depending on how much far away from default values the user parameters are.

Of course it's not a funny procedure.

I just say it works for me. So I share it.

PS: You guessed correctly .I don't use custom pitch settings.... ;)

Last edited:
No... It's a backup of all settings and will restore them the same.
I thought the purpose of the amp block reset was to get the new "hidden" settings (under the hood) and then to put all your settings back and re-tweak?
I gotta say, it isn't "confusing"...but it does make me wonder what I should or shouldn't do.

Apparently I'm supposed to take my camera and take pics of all my settings, then do the reset of the block, then go back in by hand and put all my settings back in???

I'm clueless...lol!

Reactions: RDH
Sounds magnificent. Output 2 working as expected. Left two mini displays went blank after switching between FX layout, Tuner, Looper, but not sure at what point. Using an external stand in switch. Rebooted and unplugged the standin switch and just using the three switches on the unit and it hasn't done it again (touch wood). No fan issue here either that I've noticed. Will monitor. I don't expect perfect from a beta but it's pretty damn good. Great work!

I thought the purpose of the amp block reset was to get the new "hidden" settings (under the hood) and then to put all your settings back and re-tweak?
I gotta say, it isn't "confusing"...but it does make me wonder what I should or shouldn't do.

Apparently I'm supposed to take my camera and take pics of all my settings, then do the reset of the block, then go back in by hand and put all my settings back in???

I'm clueless...lol!
The "under the hood" settings are still stored in the saved preset ;)

Check this thread to be far less clueless:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ed-to-know-about-reset-an-amp-iii-fm3.173317/

Bug here:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-29 a les 4.58.18.png

Utility > Amp Level+Save > Target 1 and 2 like the picture must increase volume of Amp block and Cab block in 2 dB.

When I press the footswitch, my FC6 shows volume of amp, and the amp increases 2 dB. It's correct behaviour.

But for the cabinet, my FC6 shows the volume of cabinet always to 0.00dB.

Even if I set the level of the cabinet to -10 on the editor and I press the footswitch, the level of the cab doesn't move to -8 in the editor, and the display of FC6 shows Cabinet Level: 0.00dB.

If I only put the target for the cab block, like this, it happens the same:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-29 a les 5.05.49.png

So it seems a 2in1 bug:
bug 1- the cabinet level doesn't increase/decrease with the footswitch action
bug 2 - the display of FC6 always show cabinet level: 0.00dB

I wonder if this bug was in previous versions, as I don't use this function since 3.01

Bug here:

View attachment 83976

Utility > Amp Level+Save > Target 1 and 2 like the picture must increase volume of Amp block and Cab block in 2 dB.

When I press the footswitch, my FC6 shows volume of amp, and the amp increases 2 dB. It's correct behaviour.

Even if I set the level of the cabinet to -10 on the editor and I press the footswitch, the level of the cab doesn't move to -8 in the editor, and the display of FC6 shows Cabinet Level: 0.00dB.

View attachment 83979

So it seems a 2in1 bug:

I wonder if this bug was in previous versions, as I don't use this function since 3.01
It says Amp block level. How would that change the cab block?

Bug here:

View attachment 83976

View attachment 83979

So it seems a 2in1 bug:

This function changes the Amp block, not the Cab block.

Sorry but did I miss the delta release notes between beta 1 and beta 2? Wondering if I need to apply it as am not having any problems with beta 1.

Anyone noticing the fan kicking on more frequently on the FM3? Prior to this update I would only hear it during initial power on. No big deal.. Just wondering if something was changed to ratchet up the processing power utilized at any given moment thus leading to more heat and more proactive cooling.. I pretty much use the same preset all the time so nothing new on my end.
The unit definitely runs hotter with Cygnus. Noticed it on the previous Beta. Maybe the price we pay for better sound? At least the fan does what it’s meant for. Hope the heat can be solved.

It says Amp block level. How would that change the cab block?

This function changes the Amp block, not the Cab block.

Yes, it's a little bit missunderstanding the words used in the editor, but target amp1 means the level of the amp and amp2 means the level of the cab.

You can try it if you want. Use target amp1 and you will see that the display of FC6 shows the level of the amp, and if you put target amp2 it shows the level of the cab.

The problem is that the cab doesn't increase/decrease volume, and FC-6 don't read the correct level of the cab.

I was using a lot both functions with 3.01, the first firmware I had when I received the FM3. But when I had all my presets with correct volumes, I remove the footswitch.

Back
Top Bottom