FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

We couldn't reproduce this issue exactly but there was work done in this beta to hopefully alleviate the problems some experienced. If you still have the issue with the mini-LCDs after this update, please let us know.
I had a problem twice on the last firmware, only on the middle screen and it looked like the bottom half of the inverted text from a long press didn’t clear when the switch was released. I’ll test the new beta over the weekend.

Anyone noticing the fan kicking on more frequently on the FM3? Prior to this update I would only hear it during initial power on. No big deal.. Just wondering if something was changed to ratchet up the processing power utilized at any given moment thus leading to more heat and more proactive cooling.. I pretty much use the same preset all the time so nothing new on my end.

I’ll not even go anywhere near this (Cygnus) until it’s all smooth as velvet, as I’m still so happy with what I’m getting from Firmware 3.01, but I just want to say a humongous “THANK YOU” to the incredible FAS team and the enthusiastic Beta testers who, ultimately, make this possible for us - or maybe just me - mere modelling mortals.

After updating, OUT 2 is much quieter. I'm using it as a FX SEND for an external reverb. In order to have the same reverb mix as before, I had to boost 12 Db OUT2 (Setup Page) and lower some Db's on the OUT 2 level (Block).

How about the screen blanking issue? I had two of my screens go blank with 4.01.
As previously stated, we couldn't reproduce this exactly in house but have made changes that should resolve the issue. If you have a chance, please give this build a try and let us know if you continue to see problems with the mini-LCDs (or not).

The smallest bug of the smallest bugs👇

SPDIF Out Source before beta 2 in Editor is "Output 2":
1 Audio-USB Before.png

SPDIF Out Source in beta 2 is OUPUT 2:2 Audio-USB After.png

All the menu options are in uppercase:
Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-28 a les 23.18.45.png

I'm in lockdown for a week so again, this will be a good time to play with this version and try different amp models. i have enjoyed the tones from beta 1 version.

This problem was a headache for me also.
I have fixed it.
My solution is, step by step:
1- back up of presets, cabs, layouts of the firmware I am going to leave (I skip system backup, not necessary for this)
2- reset system parameters (FM3 unit>Setup>Utilities>Reset page>ResetSystemParameters)
3-install new firmware
4-after rebooting the unit, reset system parameters again
5-set manually again all system parameters (only import layouts)

This solution has worked for me perfectly for 3.03 beta1, 4.00 beta 1 and 4.00 beta 2. In fact, I will always install firmware in this way.

It's important to remark step 5: if you import system parameters from a backup, the problems can be imported too. So it's important to set manually the system configuration.

Finally: to do step 5 it's important to have a list of what parameters must be changed. Not necessary to have a list of all parameters of the unit (a lot). It's only necessary to have the list of what parameters must be changed from default values (when reset system parameters all parameters are set to default).

I did the list like this:
First, I took a picture of every page of the setup menu in the unit (scrolling down also for the largest pages). These pictures show the parameters you want to have in the system. So, these pictures are taken before resetting the system parameters.
Once I had the pictures, I reset the system parameters, and I navigated again through the menus of the unit and compare them with the pictures. The parameters that are not coincident is the parameters you should be aware to change from default values. You can write that parameters in a list, and/or highlight in the pictures.

Once this list is done, you just have to focus on that list parameters when doing step 5 every time you reset the system.

Example: In I/O menu, Audio page, I only change the USB 3,4 Playback destination to Output 2. This is the picture I have, with a red rectangle around the parameter:

I wonder if FAS should recommend reset system parameters before/after installing in the release notes.
It may also be interesting to have a checkbox in fractal-bot when installing firmware, asking for installing the firmware with a clean installation. resetting everything.
Sounds good but I guess you do not use custom pitch settings, it's a lot of work to reparameter 10 custom pitchsettings each and every FW update...

If I back up my preset...then update, then delete the preset on the hardware and restore the backup to the now empty preset...would that reset everything for Cygnus? In other words does that perform a complete reset of each block?
Seems like that would be the quickest and most precise way to reset and still have ALL my settings?
No... It's a backup of all settings and will restore them the same.

Back
Top Bottom