FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Strange bug here using FW4.00... I had created several new presets, slots 400 ... 420 or so. As soon as I switched from 406 to 407, the FM3 froze and no longer responded to anything. I thought maybe my presets were corrupted for some reason. I then cleared both presets and saved the empty presets, but the problem remains. So when I switch from one empty preset to another empty preset, it freezes. This doesn't happen with any of the other presets and it doesn't matter how I switch preests (either using FM3-edit or the Value knob on the unit itself). Has anyone come across this? Any suggestions how to resolve this?

EDIT: also, after clearing and saving the now empty preset, the original name of the preset is still visible in the Preset list in FM3-edit.
EDIT: when I use the preset overview to jump from 406 to 408 it's fine, switching from 406 to 405 is also fine.

Last edited:
Surely talked about but in the edit i cant visualize type of cab.. Ultra res or standard is not reported

You can get your Shirley sound back, surely.

Did you already reset the amp block? (select another type and then select Dirty Shirley again)

Oh, I know I’ll get her back. I was just killing a slow moment at my night job when I posted that. I did reset the block. Was thinking about how great it sounded the other day and how awesome the FM3 and this whole machine is. The machine being the people behind it and the users and the pursuit of tone. Hey Yek, you really like the Shirley I have gathered. My experience with it is limited so for me it’s tough to compare between the Ares and Cygnus. Are you liking the change?
Thanks

Steve

Reactions: yek
The Dirty Shirley is one of my faves. After resetting the amp block by choosing a different amp and reselecting the Dirty Shirley (for some reason, it was Dirty Shirley 2 in the list), there was a huge difference I didn't like. Like a blanket over the amp. After digging in, I had to adjust my BMT settings to their previous settings AND turn the bright switch back on and she was back in all her glory.

Plus, it's nice to be in a new house/mancave/music room and out of the apartment where I had to watch my volume...

View attachment 83717
Have not tried the bright switch. I will do that. I tried it originally but ended not using it. Thanks.

Is it possible to have a preset with amp/cab blocks copy/paste too 40 presets now? When making adjustments to 1 preset and that adjustment is made on the other 39.
Like in axe fx 2 and 3.
This would SAVE a lot of time when using different FOH systems.

Okay, I've encountered a strange bug. Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this or not so far. When I reset the drive block, or choose a new drive type from the menu, the low cut parameter defaults to the lowest setting (20Hz) on all models. I realised this when I reset my TS 808 block and suddenly there was just too much low end. Can someone confirm whether they also have encountered this or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Okay, I've encountered a strange bug. Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this or not so far. When I reset the drive block, or choose a new drive type from the menu, the low cut parameter defaults to the lowest setting (20Hz) on all models. I realised this when I reset my TS 808 block and suddenly there was just too much low end. Can someone confirm whether they also have encountered this or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
That is correct behavior. Low Cut and High Cut are "tweaks" that you can use to further tailor the response. The default value is 20 and 20K respectively.

Are you sure you have 4.00 beta loaded?
Yes! Installed the update about an hour ago.
That is correct behavior. Low Cut and High Cut are "tweaks" that you can use to further tailor the response. The default value is 20 and 20K respectively.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying that! But then there are other drive models, for instance the Tube Drive or the Treble Boost where the default value is set to something else. Is that also correct?
Just confirming; thank you!

Not all is beautifull in this firmware. I'll update cygnus in 2 months more or less, when people put here all the pros and cons. Especially the last ones, because I did a lot of pressets and with Ares they sounds amazing man
A lot of people r never satisfied

Really got some time to play tonight.

Only got as far as re-doing my Plexi patch. Just sounds so good! Raw and fat.

To those struggling to get a sound back - I’ve found on every scene I’ve changed my IR choice. iRs I’d never use before all of a sudden it’s like ‘ah that’s why York Audio created them!’

No issues from my side. Very happy

Haven’t fired up my FM3 in forever since I’ve been Cygnusing on my AxeIII. Finally loaded the beta and noticed for some reason almost all my amps had somehow been saved with the Cathode Follower Compression at 69%. Lots default to zero on the reset.

Problem is, I seem to like most I’ve tried better at 69…….but guessing in a band context I’d be better off retweaking.

Back
Top Bottom