FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Firmware updates generally won’t change your stored presets values. There have been some cases where a specific parameter gets defaulted across all presets but that’s rare. In this case, Cygnus is a major overhaul of the modeling, so many parameters in your amp block (that you’ve likely never tweaked) are at a setting that isn’t the new “default” or correct setting for that amp. Resetting the amp block will fix it right up and put everything to the intended values.

If you want to do it automatically across all presets, use the 3rd party FracTool.
To clarify - do ALL presets need the amp blocks reset? Or just the user created ones? Sorry if I'm seeming dense, but this sounds like it could get cumbersome (UNLESS this just applies to user presets). Thank you...

• Added: Cabinet UltraRes support.
Do I need to purchase this from Fractal or are there some UltraRes cabs included on the FM3?

ML Vintage Combos UltraRes Cab Pack Bundle (on sale, 60% off)​

Currently I have York Audio YA DXVB 112 pack. Are thees comparable to UltraRes?

Okay, OMG. I've never been able to afford (or want to spend) enough to get a really good tube amp, but I finally feel like I would never need one. This does it. It is frickin' awesome! Thanks Cliff & Fractal team.

Any you would specifically recommend with Fractal products?
I solderd them myself. It depends if the Speaker or Mixer Input you like to connect your FM3 has an TRS symmetrical Input or a TS unsymmetrical In.
You should get a fitting Adaper in any Music Store in different length, this is nothing special.

If you like to do it yourself, take a XLR Mic Cable, cut the male plug away and solder the TS or TRS plug:
XLR Female Pin 1 = Ground = Shaft
XLR Female Pin 2 = Hot = Tip
XLR Female Pin 3 = Cold = Sleeve (sym TRS) or connect to ground (unsym TS)

Thank you team Fractal. Formula 1 air spoilers married to effortless suspension - grips like nobody’s business.

To clarify - do ALL presets need the amp blocks reset? Or just the user created ones? Sorry if I'm seeming dense, but this sounds like it could get cumbersome (UNLESS this just applies to user presets). Thank you...

Firmware updates don't generally change parameters in any presets on your device, whether user created or factory. But you only need to adjust the presets you actually use. @Admin M@ is working on new factory presets for the Axe III, so very likely new factory presets for the FM3 will be incoming shortly after that.

You also don't technically need to do the reset. It's just that it will probably sound better (because corrected values) once you do. But if you like how it sounds in an old preset before you reset the amp, cool!

Cygnus feels and sounds awesome 🎸🙂
I am really looking forward to play it at the next rehearsal 🙂

Is it neccassary to reset the amp block in every preset and every included scene or is it sufficient to reset the amp block for every amp model that I want to use?

Back
Top Bottom