FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Running through the new Friedmans...seems like the woofy low end is cleaned up substantially. The high end has more kerrang and grind, a little less fizz maybe. Really nice. Thank you for the update!

Oh, another data point, my output level 2 is also quiet but the volume control works now where the last beta it was pinned at max output. Understood this will be addressed in a future fix.

2 questions:

Resetting the amp block, this brings everything back to factory settings across the board (for that preset)?

Axe Edit, the previous version (1.03.03) does nothing to any settings so all adjustments (currently) must be manually made on the unit?

2 questions:

Resetting the amp block, this brings everything back to factory settings across the board (for that preset)?

Axe Edit, the previous version (1.03.03) does nothing to any settings so all adjustments (currently) must be manually made on the unit?
Yes and Yes until the updated Axe Edit is released

Is a Reset or Refresh required for Cygnus? I thought it was just install and enjoy, but want to be sure. Thanks!
Always do the Refresh After New Firmware after you’ve loaded new firmware. Most of the time, that will happen automatically. But if it doesn’t — then do it!

Because there were so many bugs found and corrected with the multiple Beta versions on the AXE-FX III does that make it more likely that there will be fewer Beta versions here in FM3-Land?

There's likely to be less issues but it is a completely different hardware platform so there could be other unforeseen problems. My betting money is fewer betas.

I have it installed. Pretty annoying that I can't really try it out until tomorrow. But! It's awesome it's already out! Thanks Fractal! I do like your style. You guys kick ass.

Running through the new Friedmans...seems like the woofy low end is cleaned up substantially. The high end has more kerrang and grind, a little less fizz maybe. Really nice. Thank you for the update!

Oh, another data point, my output level 2 is also quiet but the volume control works now where the last beta it was pinned at max output. Understood this will be addressed in a future fix.
Yes, big change in the friedmans. They've gone from amps I usually ignore to some of the best now IMO. The HBE 2010 might even be replacing the citrus a30 as my favorite amp. SLO amps also sound way better.

2 questions:

Yes and Yes until the updated Axe Edit is released
No and no.

Resetting the Amp block resets the selected channel of Amp block. Not the other channels of the amp block and nothing else in the preset.

FM3-EDIT (not Axe-Edit) will still work but may not be accurate for some things that were updated.

Unfortunately I had to pack my FM3 up tonight since I'm about to move across the country. The 5150 III definitely sounds better. Has that signiture low single note thump now. Looking forward to trying out my other faves.

Back
Top Bottom