FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

So the Bias Excursion and Pi Bias Excursion values have doubled for the most part across the amp models? I've only confirmed this to be the case for Carol-Ann OD2 and CA3+ models... Don't want to keep UP/Down grading firmwares! I read some of the Axe III threads on Cygnus and I know it was a little more advanced than just that...

OKAY! I'm so so stupid. I forgot that my Musicman Valentine has a boost pot and has a battery in the back. The battery went completely dead. Grabbed my other MusicMan Axis and everything is fine. SMH. I need a beer!
Glad it's sorted. Sometimes stuff happens.

Lower than what? How much is much?
Ever since 3.02 I've had lower output volumes on OUT 2 than previous firmware. For example 3.01 with OUT2 at about 9oclock now requires 12oclock on OUT2 for similar volume. I've done resets, checked cables, reverted back to 3.01 to make sure I wasn't crazy... But I still notice this with the 4.0 beta. I'm copying out 1 to 2 and out1 functions as expected. I realize OUT2 should be lower in output but it seems a very noticeable change from 3.01 and before.

Besides this everything sounds fantastic. I'm just trying to figure this out...

Holy Shnikes. Cygnus is all that and a bag of chips. Installed, reset the amp block, dialed in within a minute. Done.
Thank you for all that you do to all the hard working humans at Fractal!
Is resetting the amp block the same as doing a refresh after firmware?

Lower than what? How much is much?
Following up... I did another flash and no change. Eventually tried a third and disconnected out 2 during the process. This makes no sense to me for either action and is probably entirely coincidental but the problem is gone. Levels are as expected now. Back to playing. Thanks for yet another update. Sounds amazing.

Ever since 3.02 I've had lower output volumes on OUT 2 than previous firmware. For example 3.01 with OUT2 at about 9oclock now requires 12oclock on OUT2 for similar volume. I've done resets, checked cables, reverted back to 3.01 to make sure I wasn't crazy... But I still notice this with the 4.0 beta. I'm copying out 1 to 2 and out1 functions as expected. I realize OUT2 should be lower in output but it seems a very noticeable change from 3.01 and before.

Besides this everything sounds fantastic. I'm just trying to figure this out...

Don't have my FM3 at hand right now, but come to mind that maybe you have Out 1 set to +4dBu and dunno if Out 2 can be set that way too... that could account for the differences in volume.

Quick question if I Install the new Beta does that mean FM3 edit will not work with the unit until the updated version is released?

I've got lower-than-used-to-be OUT2 volume as well

OUT2 set to copy OUT1
OUT2 set to sum L+R
OUT1 set to stereo
no OUT2 pad (makes no difference since it's set to copy)
OUT1 pad set to +4db
phase normal
cabling: 1/4-to-XLR going from OUT2 (L) into an FRFR (will test with another cable as soon as I've got a few minutes)

BUT... the weird thing here is that if I pull the cable partway out of OUT2, it bumps back up to full volume (although is pretty unstable and prone to popping out)

EDIT: Ran a system parameter reset. set out2 to copy out1 again, no change.

(also WOW it sounds great - thanks Team Fractal!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom