FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

@FractalAudio : could you inform us what will be the last stable version of Ares?
Will you launch the 3.03 stable free of bugs as the last Ares version? And when?
Thanks.

Since the Cygnus update seems to be moving forward I would not expect any other releases before it. Although you can stay on Ares if you want, the intention is that everyone will update to the latest firmware as it becomes available so there isn't a compelling reason for them to spend extra time creating a 3.03 release when the next one is nearly done already. I'm guessing some of the Cygnus work was completed before the beta fixes were so they just rolled it up together.

@FractalAudio : could you inform us what will be the last stable version of Ares?
Will you launch the 3.03 stable free of bugs as the last Ares version? And when?
Thanks.
@tesla_cars could you inform us what will be the last stable version of Model X?
Will you launch the Model X stable free of bugs as the last Model X version? And when?
Thanks.

Sorry, couldn't helped myself :tearsofjoy:

P.S. It's important. I drive one

@FractalAudio @BryantP will there be a final version of 3.03 beta before June 7th? I am back in production rehearsals on the 12th June and would be good to know if I have to roll back and go through all of the presets for the set. The reason I ask is it’s a long set and it will take a few days to go through and it would be a real shame not to be able to use those new drives. The bugs in 3.03 beta (particularly the blank foot switch labels) render it unable to use in a professional setting which is a shame as it sounds so good!

@FractalAudio @BryantP will there be a final version of 3.03 beta before June 7th? I am back in production rehearsals on the 12th June and would be good to know if I have to roll back and go through all of the presets for the set. The reason I ask is it’s a long set and it will take a few days to go through and it would be a real shame not to be able to use those new drives. The bugs in 3.03 beta (particularly the blank foot switch labels) render it unable to use in a professional setting which is a shame as it sounds so good!
'I have seen the writing on the wall' Ares is dead. Long live Cygnus!

They already said the blank label issue has been fixed in the next release.

“...it’d be a real shame....”? Interesting tactic.

If 3.03b is unable to be used “in a professional setting” then don’t use it. Revert to the previous version that worked and fine tune your presets and deal with the updates later.

Last edited:
They already said the blank label issue has been fixed in the next release.

“...it’d be a real shame....”? Interesting tactic.

If 3.03b is unable to be used “in a professional setting” then don’t use it. Revert to the previous version that worked and fine tune your presets and deal with the updates later.
It wasn’t meant to be a “tactic”, it was meant to be an indication of how much I am enjoying the sound of 3.03b. The reason I was asking is that if it isn’t available I will be reverting to the earlier firmware by June 5th ( as I said in the question). It’s a large set with many different presets now all tweaked in the excellent sounding 3.03b. Thank you for the advice in how to use my FM3 professionally and the implied advice on how to communicate on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom