FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

And another +1. After spending an hour or two trying to figure how to get any sound out of it and how to do the most basics of basic navigation, I was immediately sold after using only a couple of presets.

After 1/2 dozen or so amps and modelers, I finally feel satisfied.

Even the improvement of Ultra-Res IRs in 3.03 beta already makes a big difference in sound to me ..
So how would it be with optimized AMP-modeling with Cygnus...
I'm wondering if it's because my monitors are not that expensive, I'm using Adam T7V, but I cannot hear any noticeable difference...
What are you using?
Wondering if I change to Adam A7X I'll be able to notice it🤔

I'm wondering if it's because my monitors are not that expensive, I'm using Adam T7V, but I cannot hear any noticeable difference...
What are you using?
I think it really depends on the individual amp+IR situation. I use a Friedman ASM12 when able, and DT1990 Pro headphones when I'm not able (LOL), and sometimes the difference seems night and day, whereas other times...maybe. I hear a difference often enough that I'm happy we have UltraRes available now. But would changing your monitor solution necessarily help you hear the difference every time? I'm not sure...

Not sure if this is helpful to you or not, but just my 0.02.

What are you using?
I use inexpensive Presonus 5xt and can hear the difference.
Also with my selfmade 1*12" Eminence Beta 12 LTA speakers.

And I have problems with my ears around 6kHz and I am over 50😉

Try factory IRs and switch forth and back Ultra Res - you should hear a difference that may not is very big but makes a difference.
I now use other IRs than before because of it.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get to try Cygnus :) I just revisited my Axe FX II mk2 today and I love how it sounds. I use FM3 mainly in band practices but sometimes also at home. I still love the Axe FX II though.

So with the FM3 CYGNUS update, will AXE3 presets transfer/ translate to FM3 and sound the same as long as the CPU has enough space for the preset ?

Back
Top Bottom