FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Just here at the end of the day to see all the butt-hurt F5ers. Can't wait for Monday when they start to complain about Cliff's latest "really soon" post, and they start to make wild assumptions about the cause of the insufferable delay.
I sincerely don’t think you are talking about people on this forum. This is not TGP.

Cygnus will be here long after you return the QC lol
I got my QC 2 weeks ago, its already on chopping block. its for people who like Facebook and likes and such, the whole like it on the app first and then it appears in a cloud and then download thing is dumb. And if someone deletes the Capture you cannot use it anymore unless you save as your own. FM3 blows it away. its not even close to a comparison. It has "cool" features but its not inspiring from preset to preset like Fractal stuff or Helix is. I guess its not fair to compare QC to new Fractal products it is a first for them. Does it beat the AXE 1 or the Line 6 POD.. yes I think.

Enjoy the weekend and The longer we wait for the Cyg the better it will feel under those impatient fingers.

I got my QC 2 weeks ago, its already on chopping block. its for people who like Facebook and likes and such, the whole like it on the app first and then it appears in a cloud and then download thing is dumb. And if someone deletes the Capture you cannot use it anymore unless you save as your own. FM3 blows it away. its not even close to a comparison. It has "cool" features but its not inspiring from preset to preset like Fractal stuff or Helix is. I guess its not fair to compare QC to new Fractal products it is a first for them. Does it beat the AXE 1 or the Line 6 POD.. yes I think.

Enjoy the weekend and The longer we wait for the Cyg the better it will feel under those impatient fingers.
I was on the waiting list and cancelled, too many complaints already and a massive lack of features. Have a great weekend.

Possible MIDI bug: It's not something I can recreate, but I have a Xvive MD1 bluetooth MIDI adapter plugged into the ports. On one occasion, I pulled the MIDI adapter out and went to plug it back in and it caused the FM3 to restart. On another occasion, (using OnSong to send commands) the command sent to change presets made the screen go blank and no sound came out. The scribble strips were still displaying info though, but no other buttons worked.

Last edited:
And so it begins again

tenor.gif

Possible MIDI bug: It's not something I can recreate, but I have a Xvive MD1 bluetooth MIDI adapter plugged into the ports. On one occasion, I pulled the MIDI adapter out and went to plug it back in and it caused the FM3 to restart. On another occasion, (using OnSong to send commands) the command sent to change presets made the screen go blank and no sound came out. The scribble strips were still displaying info though, but other buttons worked.
that's a little concerning wow.
But this belongs in the right thread so they see it.

Won't be today IMO:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-cygnus-factory-presets.172951/#post-2091231

My guess is they want all new FM3 presets to be ready before release. Might come quick on the heels of new III presets, but not 'today' quick.

Usually they don't care if presets lag behind by a bit. I imagine they're working on it and will get it out when it's ready. Also I'm assuming 3.03 is just getting rolled up in the cygnus update rather than being released separately at this point.

FM3 noob here,Is there an issue where output 2 isn't loud enough or is it just a matter of cranking everything up?
I'm close to clipping already,I noticed out 2 has its own graphic eq,do I just raise the gain there?

Back
Top Bottom