FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

There has been a few "Klon" settings shared on this forum, even before the Axe-Fx 3, I remember one from javajunkie that sounded good - of course, I didn't have a real one to compare. However, today I have a few Klons clones, like the Wampler Tumnus Deluxe ; I'll give it a go

Is the Austin Buddy FET drive block “Klon” not enough? I’ve owned KTRs, Archers (ikon and silver), mythical overdrive, RYRA, etc… AAAAAAND my point is that I’m fully satisfied with the FET drive block.
The issue with using the FET drive, the settings that have been shared here are matched to a fixed state. Making further adjustments doesn’t take in account of the interaction of the controls of the actual pedal.

Coming from axe 2 I’m just happy to be in any update cycle that isn’t el finito

as long as they add everything they can from the axe3 I’m happy. Not everything is possible to port but what is should be done and I have faith it will.
Honestly they should have just skipped the ax8 and put the team on something else. To me the fm3 is what I expected a floor unit from fractal to be. Not the ax8. Just my opinion

But what if you just turned the knobs until it sounds good, rather than get fixated on being identical to a specific pedal?
After getting my FM3, all of my pedals are gathering dust except for a couple low input impedance fuzzes and my Klone. I’ve tried the FET Drive and found that it can get quite close to some settings, but there are a lot of other sounds that it really can’t replicate.

I’m still using 3.02b...
Yes, that one has the bias excursion somehow in it. But as far as I remember, it was not accurate enough, so they left it out. I'm on 3.03b1 and I've tried to shoot out my amp against the fm3 as preamp into the power amp. And with a few mods, even this firmware is insane! I mean, which other company gives you the option to bias your preamp, or influence the excursions separately? Just minor tweaks and I'm unable to tell the difference in the room or playing live.

Wondering if this is a bug or if it's by design. Global EQ on output 2 now has zero effect when set to COPY Output 1 (I do this so I get +4 on both outputs). As others have noted the physical level knob no longer works when set like this (I believe this will be resolved). Adjusting GEQ1 does work on Output 1 but not Output 2 even when set to COPY, neither does GEQ2. If I add an OUTPUT 2 block into the preset, it then works as expected, but the output level is no longer +4, it's back to unity gain. And the level knob works. I think I've explained this adequately....?

OMG anyone tried the TS9 Dx drive...it's insane with a 5150. The horizon drive is also awesome and more flexible than the grinder input drive. Love it!

Also...You all should go to the Pitch block. Is it me or the virtual capo is a lot better now?
Oh lord now I'm excited. Both features I was hoping would be updated/added.

Back
Top Bottom